NATA 2022 EXAM DATES RELEASED – SILICA INSTITUTE
National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is a national-level undergraduate exam for admission to 5-year B.Arch and B.Planning programs. NATA is conducted by the Council of Architecture every year. The Council of Architecture is a statutory body constituted by the Government of India.
Authority Conducting NATA Exam:
This architecture council was formed under the provisions of the Architects Act, 1972, enacted by the Parliament of India, and came into force on 1 September 1972.
The Architects Act provides for registration of Architects, education, recognized qualifications, and standards of practice to be complied with by the practicing architects.
The Council of Architecture is tasked with regulating the education and practice of professionals throughout India, as well as maintaining the register of architects. For this purpose, the Government of India has framed Rules, and the Council has adopted them.
To practice as an architect, one must be registered with the Council of Architecture.
For registration, one must possess the requisite qualification as appended to the Architects Act, after having undergone the education following the Council of Architecture Regulations, 1983. An architect must possess the requisite qualifications as prescribed in the Architects Act, after having completed the educational requirements of the Council of Architecture Regulations, 1983.
NATA Entrance Exam Announcement:
The dates for the NATA exam in 2022 have been announced by the COA. Starting online applications will be available from March or April 2022.
Council for Architecture is pleased to announce that the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) 2022 will be conducted by the Council thrice for the year 2022. The Tests will be conducted on 12 June 2022, 3 July 2022, and 24 July 2022, each will be conducted in two sessions.
Following the COA (Minimum Standards of Architectural Education) Regulations, 2020, all candidates must qualify for the NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) before they can be admitted to the 1st year of a 5-year B.Arch. degree course at an approved architectural institution. (except at CFTIs which admit students based on JEE Paper 2 through CSAB).
The NATA portal shall be opened shortly to facilitate the students to register for NATA 2022. The NATA-2022 Brochure with details of registration & other important dates shall be published on the website www.nata.in and www.coa.gov.in
In the coming weeks, the NATA portal will be open to enable students to register for NATA 2022. The NATA-2022 Brochure will be made available on the website www.nata.in and www.coa.gov.in with information about registration and other important dates.
Those who wish to be considered for admission to the 1st year of S-year B.Arch. degree courses should register on the NATA portal.
NATA Entrance Exam Pattern 2022:
The NATA exam pattern 2022 will be released on the official website of NATA. Candidates can take advantage of this information to know details such as the number of sections, the type of questions, the number of questions, and the marking scheme.
- The online Aptitude exam will include multiple-choice (MCQ), multiple selections (MSQ), preferential choice (PCQ), and numerical response (NAQ) questions.
- Each question will be worth 1 mark, 2 marks, or 3 marks, and the total marks for NATA 2022 will be 200.
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Medium of Examination||English|
|Duration of the Exam||3 hours|
|Number of Sections||The exam will have only one part- Aptitude Test|
|Number of Questions||125 Questions|
|Type of questions||Multiple-Choice type (MCQ), Multiple Select type (MSQ), Preferential Choice type (PCQ) and Numerical Answer type (NAQ)|
|Total Marks||200 Marks|
|Marking Scheme||The questions will carry either 1 mark, 2 marks, or 3 marks.|
Steps to Fill Out NATA Application Form
- Register for NATA 2022
To begin with, candidates need to click on the NATA 2022 – Registration tab given on the right of the official website as given in the image below. Candidates will then need to create a login ID and password. A form will be required to be filled out that asks for the following information:
- Date of birth
- Mobile number
- Email id
- Unique password
- Security question
Submit the above details and candidates will receive an email on their registered ID containing the application number and password. For future logins on the website this has to be preserved.
- Login and fill NATA 2022 application form
- Upload scanned copies of required documents
- Candidate’s recent passport size photograph ( 4Kb-100kb)(4.5cmX3.5cm)
- Candidate’s signature(1kb-30kb)(1.5cmX3.5cm)
- Pay the application fee for NATA 2022
|Category||For single attempt||For both attempts|
|General Category||Rs 2,000||Rs. 4,000|
|For SC/ ST Category||Rs 1,500||Rs. 3,000|
|For Candidates who are applying from abroad||Rs. 10,000||Rs. 20,000|
- Before filling out the online application form, read the online instructions carefully.
- Make sure that all personal information, address, and date of birth are accurate.
- Remember your application number, security question, and password.
- Correctly select the examination zones.
- Only upload color photographs and signatures of the specified size
- A copy of the confirmation page should be kept.
- Don’t share your application number, security question, or password with anyone.
- Don’t enter wrong or unused mobile numbers or email addresses when filling out an application.
- Candidates are advised to ensure that their email addresses are active. Failure to do so may result in serious problems for future correspondence.
- Upload only high-quality scanned photos and signatures only rather than blurred.
- Don’t send a duly filled in Confirmation Page or any document through the post to the CoA office.
How to prepare for NATA 2022?
You can join SILICA INSTITUTE, the leading and trusted coaching institute for design entrance exams. The SILICA Study Material Kit for the NATA entrance exam contains the following books:
6 Reasons why SILICA’s Study Material helps students top NATA exam:
NATA ONLINE STUDY KIT
- 10+ Videos on “How to learn Drawing for the exam?”
- 10+ Videos on Aptitude topics by top Architects
- 15+ Videos on Physics, Chemistry, Math
- 100+ Quizzes + Solutions on Aptitude & PCM
- Solutions to Past 3 years Original NATA Sample Papers
- 10 Full Mock Test with Online Test
NATA JEE 2022/2023 – Online Test Kit
- 10 New NATA Mock Tests as per NATA 2020 pattern
- 5 New NATA Mock Tests as per NATA 2021 pattern
- 500+ Questions on General Aptitude
- 800+ Questions on Architecture Aptitude
- 200+ Questions on Physics, Geometry, Math
Architecture Aptitude Sections are available as well.
Read Also: How Nata Sample Papers Can Help You Crack Exam
Read Also: A Quick Guide on How NATA Coaching Centers Can Make the Most Of Online Education
Read Also: What Are The Best Books To Prepare For NATA Entrance Exam 2021?
Read Also: NATA vs JEE Main – Which is the Best Option for B.Arch Aspirants
Read Also: NATA Preparation Tips For Cracking NATA Exam – Very Useful