Please fill the form below.
Please fill the form below.
Download UCEED Sample Papers 2024 with Solutions.
UCEED Sample Papers are available for free download. These sample papers will help you prepare for the UCEED exam and improve your chances of getting a good score. The papers cover the topics that are likely to be asked in the exam and include both objective and subjective questions. You can download the sample papers in PDF format and print them out for practice.
2. Download UCEED Sample Papers PDFs
Any candidate appearing for the UCEED Entrance Exam 2024 must solve sample papers and online mock tests. The Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design (UCEED) is conducted by IIT Bombay for admission to Bachelor of Design (B.Des) program at IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIITDM Jabalpur.
Candidates should download PDFs of UCEED sample papers and solve them. These are the benefits of solving UCEED sample papers:
Prepares them for unfamiliar questions.
Gives clear understanding about the paper pattern.
Helps them compile a list of topics asked in the exam paper.
Develops their confidence required to attempt the actual exam.
Improves time management skills as there is limited time in the real exam.
Helps them to assess areas / topics for improvement in their preparation.
Removes the fear of the exam and gives them assurance in their own abilities.
The UCEED question paper is of 3 hours for 300 marks and has 2 parts- Part A (Objective type questions) and Part B (Drawing question). There is no fixed list of topics or type of questions for the UCEED entrance exam. IIT Bombay keeps introducing new types of questions every year. Hence, it is not enough to just solve previous year UCEED papers.
IIT and NID alumni faculty from SILICA institute have created sample papers, which have a combination of previous year question types and new question types that may be expected in the UCEED 2023 exam paper. The sample papers are based on the syllabus and pattern announced by IIT Bombay in the UCEED 2023 Information Brochure. They contain both parts- Part A (Objective type questions) and Part B (Drawing question).
The sample papers PDFs include suggested solutions and answer keys. Candidates should download these sample papers PDFs from the link given. This will be the best type of self study, which a student can do to prepare themselves for the UCEED entrance exam.
3. Download Previous Years UCEED Papers PDFs
Along with sample papers, an aspiring candidate must include solving previous year UCEED sample papers in their exam preparation plan. This helps them to understand the level of difficulty of the previous year’s questions.. Ideally, a candidate should attempt all the previous 8 years’ original UCEED exam papers. This will be the perfect preparation for excelling in the actual exam.
Candidates can download PDFs of previous years’ UCEED question papers from below link. The question papers are given along with solutions and answer keys. The below link provides previous 8 years’ UCEED papers- from 2015 to 2022 exams.
4. UCEED Online Mock Test
5. Online UCEED Mock Test & Video Solution
Here is a video playlist with solutions to UCEED 2023 questions:
The UCEED 2023 Information Brochure states that the question paper has 2 parts:
- Part A – Objective questions – Online computer based test – 240 marks
- Part B – Drawing question – Paper based test – 60 marks
It is clear that 80% of the marks (240 out of 300 marks) in the UCEED paper are tested through the online computer based test. Most candidates are used to solving only paper based tests. To make things harder, UCEED paper Part A marking system is complex as candidates can get awarded Full, Partial or Negative marks based on the accuracy of their answers. Hence, for best preparation, candidates must practise solving online mock tests. Register now for SILICA Institute’s free UCEED online mock test to practice solving online questions.
The level of difficulty of UCEED questions is quite high as they are set by the IIT-IDC examination committee. Many times candidates find it difficult to understand and solve the questions. To help the candidates, our mock test provides short video solutions to all difficult Part A Objective type questions.
6. Sample Questions for UCEED 2023 Exam
- Here are a few sample questions from the Part A (Objective Type Questions):
Q.1. A diagram of three blocks A, B and C, and their direction of movement is shown below. The blocks move continuously in given units and change direction after hitting the floor or ceiling. Block A moves 3 units/second, Block B moves 2 units / second, and Block C moves 1 unit/second. What is the least time (in seconds) required for the bottom (shaded portion) of at least 2 blocks to align at the same level? (NAT Type, 4.0 marks)
Q.2. Given below are top and bottom views of the same solid, if the solid is rotated in the same axis, which of the following option/s are correct?? (MSQ Type, 4.0 marks)
Answer: C and D
Q.3. You are given small LED panels of the following shape, with each square depicting 1 pixel of screen.
You have to create LED screens using the above panels while following certain rules:
With the above rules, which of the following sized screens will you be able to make?
(MSQ Type, 4.0 marks)
Answer: A and C
Q.4. A father is trying to figure out the password to his son’s mobile phone. To prevent his father from opening his phone and keeping it safe, the son has now kept a dual level of security. The first encryption is based on the pigpen cipher (Example as shown below).
The son has a habit of opening his phone every hour using a similar grid, but with numbers. To make the task even more difficult for the father, he updates the grid every hour using a mathematical algorithm. The grid at 1:00 pm, 2:00 pm and 3:00 pm are as follows.
The father sneakily saw the password at 4:00 pm as follows.
What will be the code at 7:00 pm in the night?
(MCQ Type, 3.0 marks)
Q.5. Given below are the steps to fold a square piece of paper into a paper boat. Considering the height of the boat to be 6 cm. Find the edge length of the paper.
(MCQ Type, 3.0 marks)
Answer: B = 24
- Here are sample questions from Part B (Drawing / Sketching Questions):
Q.1. Sketching Question (30 minutes) (60 marks)
Read and visualise the following:
– A family is having meal at a table in a restaurant
– The table is situated close to the payment counter
– The table has plates, cutlery, glasses and food.
– A small girl spots a cockroach in her plate and screams in fear
– The family gets startled. And 1 plate and 1 glass falls down and breaks.
– A waiter runs towards the table to see what happened.
Sketch the scene from the waiter’s point of view. Sketch with regular pencils. Do not color.
Evaluation Criteria: Perspective, Proportion, Composition, Observation, Imagination, Quality of Sketch, Attention to detail.
Q.2. Sketching Question (30 minutes) (60 marks)
You are a rat. You are situated close to the gate of a school. You are next to a pipe, which has burst. The water is spraying on you. It is time for school to start, so students are walking toward the gate in their school uniforms. Some younger students are accompanied by their parents. You can see an ice cream cart near you.
From the above description, sketch the scene from your point of view. Make pencil sketches only. Do not use colors.
Evaluation Criteria: Observation, Imagination, Proportion between objects and humans, Quality of lines, Composition, Attention to detail, Perspective drawing.
Q.3. Sketching Question (30 minutes) (60 marks)
Your brother is completing his Geometry homework in school on the study desk at home. All his stationery and Geometry tools are spread out on the desk. Next to him, on the same desk, you (his younger brother) are completing a watercolor painting assignment from school. While coloring, you accidentally spill the color water on his books and stationery. He gets really upset. He can see you getting really scared. He is looking at the desk and you with angry eyes.
From the above description, sketch the scene from your brother’s point of view. Make pencil sketches only. Do not use colors.
Evaluation Criteria: Observation, Imagination, Proportion between objects and humans, Quality of lines, Composition, Attention to detail, Perspective drawing.
7. UCEED Entrance Exam Pattern & Syllabus
The UCEED Entrance Exam Pattern is divided into two parts: Part A (Objective section) and Part B (Subjective section). Part A is the objective section, it involves only one correct answer for each question consisting of six separate questions divided into NAT (Numerical Ability Type), MSQ (Multiple Select Question) and MCQ (Multiple Choice Question). The Part A section also involves negative marking. The remaining 60 marks of the UCEED exam is a drawing question that involves a description of the scenario, and the student is expected to sketch correctly given the time constraint.
The UCEED Entrance Examination is for a total of 300 marks, divided into two parts, Part A is for 240 marks and Part B is for 60 marks. The UCEED Part A syllabus consists of 240 marks with 68 questions. The UCEED Part A is timed at 2.5 hours, and the UCEED Part B is timed at the last 30 minutes of the UCEED examination.
Part A Syllabus has 6 topics:
- Visualization & Spatial Ability
- Observation & Design Sensitivity
- Environmental & Social Awareness
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Language & Creativity
- Design Thinking & Problem-Solving
Part B Syllabus:
The Part B (Subjective section) of the UCEED examination holds less weightage comparatively, but is equally crucial. Containing the last 30 minutes of the UCEED entrance exam, it is prepared to test the Perspective, Proportion, Composition, Observation, Imagination, Quality of Sketch, Attention to detail. and other necessary skills of the design aspirant.
The Part B section will consist of a detailed description of a scenario with a specific eye level and additional details. The description will be of 3-5 lines approximately. The student is required to visualise the scenario and sketch it accurately on the paper within the given time. Students will be analysed on the basis of their attention to detail, line quality, line weight etc. Students are expected to provide a correct perspective view with other required details. An example of the UCEED Part B question is given below with its solution.
Read and visualize the following:
- A rat is spotted inside a school canteen.
- A schoolboy is afraid and standing on a stool/chair.
- A brave schoolgirl is chasing the rat out of the canteen.
- A tiffin box is falling on the floor.
- Two school bags and two water bottles are kept on a table.
- A few plates are broken and lying on the floor.
- The canteen owner is watching this in shock, standing on top of the counter table.
Sketch this scene from the canteen owner’s point of view.
Candidates must note:
- Make a pencil sketch only
- Do not use colours
- Quality of sketch
- Attention to detail
8. Related Blogs for UCEED Entrance Exam Preparation
9. FAQs about UCEED Exam
1. Is it important to practice UCEED sample papers?
UCEED (Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design) is an entrance exam conducted for admission to the Bachelor of Design (B.Des.) program at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay, IIT Guwahati, and IIITDM Jabalpur. Practicing sample papers is important to understand the exam pattern and types of questions asked, and to improve time management and problem-solving skills.
2. How can I download UCEED sample papers from SILICA?
3. How can I download the UCEED 2015-2023 question paper PDF?
In the link given below students will find links to the UCEED previous years’ question papers from the year 2015-2023 in a PDF format for both B.Des CAT (Creative Aptitude Test) and B.Des GAT (General Aptitude Test) of the UCEED exam. Students may click on the link to download.
4. How to prepare for the UCEED Entrance Exam 2024 papers?
The Undergraduate Common Entrance of Design (UCEED), a national-level examination for design is a highly competitive examination requiring rigorous preparation. Here are some top tips to prepare for the UCEED Entrance Exam 2024:
- Understand the UCEED Syllabus & Exam Pattern.
Students may visit our blog on UCEED Topics, Weightage, Syllabus, and Pattern for detailed information on this topic.
- Analyse UCEED Previous Years’ Solved Papers.
Students can download these papers on this page.
- Solve Quizzes for UCEED – Part A
Practice the Objective section (Part A) through previous years’ papers. Students must solve these multiple times to master this section.
- Practice Sketching
Students must practise rapid sketching and live sketching in the correct perspective view, eye level and proportion to prepare for UCEED – Part B (Subjective section)
- Solve UCEED Previous Years’ Papers
The final step to prepare for the UCEED entrance exam 2014 would be to solve UCEED Previous Years’ Papers. Students must solve past papers from at least the past 5 years.
5. What are the important dates for the UCEED 2023 Exam, Application and Admission?
Find the detailed table below for the important dates for UCEED 2023 Exam, Application and Admission:
|Start Date for Online Registration||Sep 30, 2022|
|Last Date for Online Registration with Regular fee||Nov 9, 2022|
|Last Date for Online Registration with Late Fee||Nov 16, 2022|
|Start Date for Admit Card Downloading||Jan 13, 2023 onwards|
|Last date for Rectification in Admit card||Jan 17, 2023|
|Conduct of the UCEED 2023 Exam||Jan 22, 2023|
|Release of the Draft Answer Key||Jan 24, 2023|
|Filing of Objectives against the Draft Answer Key||Jan 24, 2023|
|Release of the Final Answer Key||Jan 30, 2023|
|Cut-Off Marks for UCEED Part A||Feb 9, 2023|
|Declaration of the UCEED 2023 Results||March 9, 2023|
|Availability of the UCEED 2023 Score Card||March 11, 2023|
|B.Des Application Process for IITs & IIITs||March 14 – March 31, 2023|
|B.Des Seat Allotment Round 1||April 10, 2023|
|B.Des Seat Allotment Round 2||May 10, 2023|
|B.Des Seat Allotment Round 3||June 10, 2023|
6. What is a good score for the UCEED exam?
As per last year’s analysis, the mean value for UCEED 2023 is expected to be around 69.54 and the standard deviation is around 31.02. Candidates who score the minimum UCEED 2023 cutoff will be selected in the eligible list for the next rounds of the UCEED admission process.
Students may refer to our blog on UCEED Results & Cut off for a clear understanding.
7. What are the Eligibility Criteria to apply for the UCEED entrance exam?
There are 3 different eligibility criteria for UCEED 2023:
- Age Limit: The student must be born on or after 1 October 1998 for Open / EWS / OBC-NCL category and on or after 1 October 1993 for SC / ST / PWD category.
- No of Attempts: Students can attempt UCEED maximum 2 times and that too in successive years only. UCEED score is only valid for admission in the same corresponding year that the exam was attempted.
- Qualification: The Eligibility Criteria for the UCEED exam is that the candidate should have passed all subjects in the qualifying examination (HSC or equivalent) in 2022, OR should be appearing for the examination for the first time in 2023 to be eligible for attempting the UCEED 2023 entrance examination. Candidates from any STREAM of Science, Arts, Commerce or others can apply for the UCEED exam.
8. How do you Apply/Register for the UCEED Entrance Exam?
IIT Bombay closed registrations for UCEED 2023 on 9th November 2022 with regular fees and on 16th November 2022 with late fees.
Follow the steps below to Apply/Register for the UCEED Entrance Exam:
- Step 1: Check eligibility criteria.
- Step 2: Check the seat matrix.
- Step 3: Verify UCEED 2023 details.
- Step 4: Fill BDes application form 2023.
For further information, visit our blog on UCEED 2023 Registration.
9. What is the expected cut-off score for the UCEED exam?
As per last year’s cutoff, the minimum qualifying marks and percentage in each category are available. Check the UCEED cutoff for each category in the table given below.
|Category||Minimum % of Marks in Each Section||Minimum Total Marks|
|OBC – NCL||9%||90|
Students may visit our blog on UCEED Results & Cut-off for detailed information.
10. What other colleges accept the UCEED score?
Apart from the IITs of the country, many other reputed design institutions accept the UCEED score as well, find the list below:
- Anant National University, Ahmedabad
- Central Institute of Technology, Kokrajhar
- CEPT University, Ahmedabad
- D Y Patil University (SoD & SoA)
- Delhi Technological University, Delhi
- Jain University, Bengaluru
- JK Lakshmipat University, Jaipur
- Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, Punjab
- MIT World Peace University, Pune
- Nirma University, Ahmedabad
- Srishti Manipal University, Bengaluru
- Swarnim Institute of Design, Gandhinagar
- Symbiosis SoPAD, Nagpur
- UPID, Noida
- UPES SoD, Dehradun
- VIT SoD, Vellore
- World University of Design, Sonepat
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi
- R V University, Bengaluru (new for 2023)
- Alliance University, Bengaluru (new for 2023)
11. Is the UCEED exam difficult?
UCEED is one of the most difficult and competitive exam in the country. Since it is conducted by the Design Department of IITs, the level of questions asked in UCEED are quite difficult. The topics and syllabus are very different from regular school subjects. A candidate could be very good at school subjects but may fail to do well in the UCEED exam. This makes the exam difficult to crack.
About 15,000 students apply for the UCEED exam every year. The total number of seats available in IITs is around 200. So the chances of getting admission into IIT for a B.Des program is 1 in 75, which makes the UCEED exam quite competitive.
Therefore candidates must begin preparation for the UCEED examination as early as possible. For the UCEED 2023 exam, students can check our blog on preparing for UCEED in 45-60 days. Refer to our blog on Prepare for UCEED in 2 months to understand how.
12. What is the syllabus for UCEED?
The UCEED is divided into two parts: Part A (Objective section) and Part B (Subjective section). We have listed the subjects for each part below.
Part A (2.5 hours) Syllabus:
- Visualization and spatial ability
- Observation and design sensitivity
- Environmental and social awareness
- Analytical and logical reasoning
- Language and creativity
- Design thinking and problem-solving
There are 3 types of questions asked in the Part A of the exam:
- MCQ = One answer from 4 is correct
- MSQ = More than one answer from 4 may be correct
- NAT = answer to be given as a number, no options are given
Part B (30 mins) Syllabus:
- Perspective View
- Rapid Sketching
- Attention to Detail
- Visualization skills
- Observation skills
13. What are the seats available in the B.Des program at IITs & IIITs?
|Seats by Campus||OPEN||EWS||OBC-NC||SC||ST||Total|
*Note: PWD reservations @ 5% will be horizontal (i.e. PWD candidates will consume seats from their birth category quota).
14. What is the process for admission to B.Des program at IITs & IIITs?
Admission to BDes program at IITs is on the basis of the candidate’s UCEED score. Only UCEED 2023 qualified students can apply for admission to the BDes program. UCEED score will be the only selection criteria for BDes admissions at IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIITDM Jabalpur.
The 5 institutes will have a common application form for admission to their respective BDes programs. The UCEED Office, IIT Bombay will process the common application form and carry out the joint seat allocation process. Key Dates are:
UCEED Exam: 22 January 2023
UCEED Result: 9 March 2023
BDes Application: 14 to 31 March 2023
The application process is simple and has the following key steps:
- Register and apply through common IIT Bombay Admissions Portal
- Upload digital copies of relevant documents
- Pay application processing fee of Rs 3,000/-
- Submit priority order for choice of institutes
- Three rounds of admission cycle are conducted
- Candidates selected for admission will be sent a provisional allotment letter
- Candidates have to pay the Seat Acceptance fee of Rs 60,000 for Open/EWS/OBC-NCL and Rs 15,000 for SC/ST/PwD.
10. Prepare for UCEED 2024 / 2025 with SILICA
Classroom / Live Online Coaching
Home Coaching Kits
Student UCEED Results
In the year 2022, 140+ Students have qualified for the UCEED examination. SILICA Full-Time Coaching students have bagged AIR 1 (Open) in 2022 and 2021 attempts. With the help of UCEED alumni faculty, best study material, online learning app and best effort of students, SILICA Institute has consistently delivered AIR 1, 2, 3, 4…… at UCEED entrance exams.
11. UCEED Results of SILICA Students
12. Ask Questions related to UCEED
NID: NID Coaching in Mumbai | NID Coaching in Pune | NID Coaching in Bangalore | NID Coaching in Delhi | NID Coaching in Ahmedabad | NID Coaching in Kanpur | NID Coaching in Lucknow | UCEED: UCEED Coaching in Mumbai | UCEED Coaching in Pune | UCEED Coaching in Delhi | UCEED Coaching in Bangalore | UCEED Coaching in Indore | UCEED Coaching in Ahmedabad | UCEED Coaching in Kanpur | UCEED Coaching in Lucknow | CEED: CEED Coaching in Mumbai | CEED Coaching in Pune | CEED Coaching in Delhi | CEED Coaching in Bangalore | CEED Coaching in Indore | CEED Coaching in Ahmedabad | CEED Coaching in Kanpur | CEED Coaching in Lucknow | NIFT: NIFT Coaching in Mumbai | NIFT Coaching in Pune | NIFT Coaching in Delhi | NIFT Coaching in Bangalore | NIFT Coaching in Ahmedabad | NIFT Coaching in Indore | NIFT Coaching in Kanpur | NIFT Coaching in Lucknow | NATA: NATA Coaching in Mumbai | NATA Coaching in Pune | NATA Coaching in Delhi | NATA Coaching in Bangalore | NATA Coaching in Ahmedabad | NATA Coaching in Indore | NATA Coaching in Kanpur | NATA Coaching in Lucknow