Download Free PDFs / Videos
Attend a Demo Live Class
Please fill the form below.
Download NATA 2022 Exam Guide
UCEED Online Coaching 2024-2025
in UCEED 2023 were SILICA students
382 Cleared U-CEED 2023
45 in top 100
382 Cleared U-CEED 2023
45 in top 100
UCEED entrance exam online coaching
UCEED is a premium design entrance exam for admission into premier design institutes like IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, and IITDM Jabalpur for their B.Des program.
Students from all types of streams appear for UCEED to fulfill their dream of becoming a designer. The exam is known to test students’ knowledge in various areas like logical reasoning, spatial ability, problem-solving, design sensitivity, and many more. Through SILICA’s online UCEED coaching you’ll be able to ace your exams as done previously by our talented students.
People who have a natural incline for design and problem-solving solving should most definitely give this exam a try. We scientifically check your attitude and passion for design and handheld each student in their exam preparation. Through SILICA’s coaching, you can be sure to get the best value for your money!
Eligibility for UCEED:
Candidates having a higher secondary degree or are about to appear in it are eligible to appear for UCEED.
Pattern for the UCEED entrance exam (300 marks):
|Part-A||Total Marks||Part-B||Total Marks|
Note: The maximum time for each section will be of 30 minutes.
The first section in NAT will contain questions about topics testing the candidate’s mathematical, visual, and logical reasoning.
The second section of MSQ will consist of questions testing the candidate’s ability to solve patterns, logic, and visual ability required questions.
The MCQ section on the other hand will test the candidate’s ability to handle pattern, logic, and visual reasoning-related questions.
For Part B a question testing the candidate’s sketching ability will get asked. A pencil sketch testing the candidate’s perspective, proportion, observation, and imagination skills will be seen.
The total marks for both Part A and Part B will consist of 300 marks.
Our institute provides various entrance exam coaching options for UCEED’s entrance exam.
SILICA LIVE Classroom
15 / 45 / 90 days crash course for 2024 attempt
Live Classroom Lectures
Online Study Kit Throughout Course
UCEED Coaching 2023 / 2024 Attempt
SILICA is a Guide, not just a Coaching class! SILICA will help you at every stage of your architecture journey.
1. Before you Start
We scientifically check your Aptitude & Passion for Architecture.
2. Ace Coaching
3. After Your Course
1. Before you Start
We scientifically check your Aptitude & Passion for Architecture.
2. Ace Coaching
3. After Your Course
Modules covered under SILICA’s UCEED online coaching:
1. Visualization and spatial ability
The ability to visually see objects becomes a very crucial criterion when dealing with UCEED’s question paper. By making use of SILICA’s UCEED online coaching you can easily develop the ability to think and solve several visual and spatial-related questions testing the view on 2D and 3D object orientation. Our UCEED online coaching will help you encode the underlying visual relationships between objects.
2. Observation and design sensitivity
The candidate’s ability to observe minute details regarding a particular scenario provided gets tested in the UCEED’s question paper. The candidate needs to be thorough about various visual and aesthetic concepts to be able to solve questions quickly which can be easily implemented with the help of our UCEED coaching online lectures.
3. Environmental and social awareness
The events being held which have a natural connection with design and environment will get tested here. Having resources like UCEED online coaching lectures at your disposal will help you increase your knowledge on various social and environmental factors like pollution, natural resources, sculptures, the history of art, and many more.
4. Analytical and logical reasoning
Various analytical and logical reasoning-related questions will be included in our UCEED online coaching videos which would prove useful in solving various numerical-related questions. Increase your question-solving speed through the use of our UCEED coaching through online lectures.
5. Language and creativity
Candidates who are able to portray better creativity skills stand a greater chance to score more. By our UCEED coaching provided through the use of online mediums, you will be able to improve your language and creative skills by clearing all the doubts in your mock tests through our skillful and experienced mentors.
6. Design thinking and problem-solving
Most of the questions in the UCEED’s exam paper are design-based and hence having a sharp design perspective will prove quite useful. SILICA’s UCEED online coaching is designed to promote critical and complex thinking which will be asked in a lot of design-related questions.
SILICA’s UCEED online coaching program:
|SILICA’s UCEED coaching online||15 days||45 days||90 days|
|Suitable for||10th grade and above students||10th grade and above students||10th grade and above students|
|Ideal for people who require||Little-Moderate level coaching||Moderate level coaching||Moderate-Expert level coaching|
|Online kit available||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Free Download PDFs
Advantages of availing SILICA’s Online UCEED coaching
1. Live classroom advantage
Through SILICA’s UCEED coaching online lectures, you can quickly clear all your concerned doubts by directly communicating them to our professors. Through our live classrooms, you can easily watch any video at the place of your convenience along with several other batchmates.
2. LMS Advantage
Avail the LMS Advantage and get access to our online portal. Through our portal, you can quickly check your knowledge by appearing for various online tests and assignments. Test yourself through various quizzes and become closer to cracking your UCEED exam. By appearing for various tests you will get better prepared to appear for various numerical and multiple-type questions.
3. Save your time
SILICA’s UCEED coaching online lectures will help you save your time traveling through which you can help devote more time to studying and other personal activities. Save your time practicing the concepts shown in the online videos and improve your skills in the comfort of your home. Instead of wasting your time watching several useless videos avail use of our UCEED coaching online videos and become exam-ready today!
4. Save your money
Save on the unnecessary cost to commute, food, clothing, and other expenses by studying in the comfort of your home through our UCEED online coaching videos. Attending an offline coaching class can prove quite expensive but with the use of our UCEED online coaching tutorials, you can easily improve your exam score by delving into deep information about a particular topic.
5. Highly customizable
We provide a range of options for our UCEED online coaching course by letting you select from a range of options like 15 days, 30 days, and 45 days. Select a batch that would easily fit your schedule. Our UCEED online coaching videos can be easily viewed at the time and place of your convenience. If you think cracking the NID entrance exam in 15 days is impossible, we’ll make you believe through our talented and experienced mentors. Be it a time frame of 15 days, 30 days, or 45 days, our UCEED online coaching videos will help guide you toward every step of your journey.
6. Better communication
Facilitate better communication through our UCEED online coaching videos by communicating your math or design-related doubts directly to one of our mentors. If you’re somebody who doesn’t like confronting people directly and would rather study at your own pace, our online coaching videos can be the perfect match for you. Re-watch our videos multiple times and prepare your doubts in advance for your next live session. SILICA’s live lectures are here until you get to the bottom of your query.
7. Mentor-guided approach
Our mentors will help you throughout your journey by helping you clear any doubts regarding your assignments and other design-related doubts. To begin with, you can even talk to one of our agents and get a clear vision of the journey you are going to venture upon or clear any doubts regarding our UCEED coaching online program. Our tutorials are expertly crafted to ensure that you get to the bottom of every concept being taught.
8. Wide variety of resources
Our UCEED coaching through online lectures will provide you with a wide variety of resources for your preparation. This will include access to information regarding the registration dates, admission handbook, sample exam papers, real exam papers, and many more. All the resources mentioned above can be accessed on our website.
9. Skill enhancement
Improve your sketching ability which would later be required in the second round of your entrance exam through our UCEED coaching online videos. Our experts will guide you on the various principles of color and art theory by imparting your knowledge on various topics like shadows, textures, and proportion.
10. Necessary groundwork
Our UCEED coaching through live online lectures will help you with the necessary groundwork required for solving all the numerical questions, sketching, and multiple choice questions. Our online coaching is here to help with your drawing and designing skills and we handheld each student in their entrance exam preparation. Get expert advice on your work through SILICA’s online coaching program which would be useful even after the completion of your program.
Important dates relating to UCEED 2023:
- Start date for online registration – 20th September 2022
- Last date for online registration with a regular fee- 9th November 2022
- Last date for online registration with a late fee – 16th November 2022
- Exam date – 22nd January 2023
- Exam timing – 9.00 am to 12 pm
Official link for application: www.uceed.iitb.ac.in
Previous Years UCEED Sample Papers: https://silica.co.in/uceed-sample-papers
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is UCEED?
UCEED is Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design conducted by IIT Bombay. UCEED is the entrance exam for admission to Bachelor of Design (BDes) program at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIITDM Jabalpur.
UCEED scores as also accepted for admission by:
- Anant National University, Ahmedabad
- ARCH College of Design and Business, Jaipur
- Chitkara University, Punjab
- Central Institute of Technology, Kokrajhar
- Delhi Technological University, Delhi
- Khyati School of Design, Ahmedabad
- Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, Punjab
- MIT World Peace University, Pune
- Nirma University, Ahmedabad
- Srishti Institute of Art, Design and Technology, Bengaluru
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
- U.P. Institute of Design, Noida
- Vivekananda Global University, Jaipur
- VIT University, Vellore
- World University of Design, Delhi NCR
- Aram Center for Art, Design and Environmental Studies, Coimbatore
- Vishwaniketan Institute of Design, Mumbai
2. What BDes programs do IITs offer?
The IITs offer a common, general BDes program. There are no specializations / disciplines available for the BDes programs. The no of seats available for each category for Bachelor of Design program at different institutes is given below:
*Note: PwD reservations @ 5% (total 2 seats) will be horizontal across all categories and will consume seats from within other categories.
3. What is the eligibility for UCEED for admission to BDes program at IITs?
CRITERION 1 – AGE LIMIT:
The candidate should have been born on or after October 1, 1996 if belonging to the OPEN or OBC-NCL category and, on or after October 1, 1991 if belonging to the SC, ST or PwD category.
CRITERION 2 – UCEED QUALIFICATION:
The candidate should have qualified, i.e., obtained a rank in UCEED 2021.
CRITERION 3 – QUALIFYING EXAMINATION:
The candidate should have passed the qualifying examination (Class XII or equivalent) in 2020 or appearing in 2021. Those who appeared for the first time in their qualifying examination in 2019 or earlier are NOT eligible. Consequently, a candidate can appear for UCEED exam a maximum of 2 times and that too in consecutive years.
Note: Candidates from the Science Stream with Physics, Chemistry and Maths as subjects are eligible to apply to all the four institutes. Candidates from any other stream (Science without Maths or Physics or Chemistry, Commerce, and Arts & Humanities) are eligible to apply to only IIT Bombay, IIT Hyderabad and IIITDM Jabalpur, not IIT Guwahati.
4. What is the process for admission to BDes program at IITs?
Admission to BDes program at IITs is on the basis of the candidate’s UCEED score. Only UCEED 2020 qualified students can apply for admission to the BDes program. UCEED score will be the only selection criteria for BDes admissions at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIITDM Jabalpur.
The 4 institutes will have a common application form for admission to their respective BDes programs. The UCEED Office, IIT Bombay will process the common application form and carry out the joint seat allocation process. Key Dates are:
UCEED Exam: 18 January 2021
UCEED Result: 13 March 2021
BDes Application: 6 June 2021
The application process is simple and has the following key steps:
- Register and apply through common IIT Bombay Admissions Portal
- Upload digital copies of relevant documents
- Pay application processing fee of Rs 2,000/-
- Submit priority order for choice of institutes
- Detailed instructions are provided within the online application portal.
5. What are the fees for BDes program at different IIT Institutes?
The fees are revised every year just before the BDes application process starts. For general idea, these are the annual fees for admission year 2019-20:
|One time fee at Admission||10,000||20,000||15,000||7,000|
|Mess & Hostel Charges*||60,000||40,000||45,000||35,000|
- The Tuition Fees are waived off for all SC / ST category students.
- The Mess & Hostel Charges are waived off for economically backward SC / ST students.
6. What is the pattern of the UCEED entrance exam?
- The question paper will consist of two parts: Part A (Objective Section) and Part B (Drawing Section)
- The question paper will be for 300 marks. Part A = 240 marks. Part B = 60 marks.
- exam will be for 3 hours. Part A = 2.5 hours. Part B = 30 mins.
- The question paper will be in English.
- Questions from both parts are compulsory.
PART-A – 240 marks | 2.5 hours
The summary of the paper structure is given below:
|Section||# Questions||Question Nos||Marks / Ques||Negative Marks||Total Marks|
|Total Part A||68||1-68||–||–||240|
PART-B – 60 marks | 30 mins
- Part-B of UCEED paper consists of one question which will test drawing skills.
- It will require subjective evaluation.
- The question in Part-B will be displayed on the computer screen and the answer has to be written/drawn in Part-B answer booklets, which will be collected at the end of the examination.
- Part-B question is mandatory for evaluation of UCEED paper.
7. What is the syllabus for UCEED exam?
The syllabus in each part of UCEED exam is as follows:
I. Part A (Objective Section) Part A of the UCEED exam will have questions from the following topics-
- Visualization and spatial ability: Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships, knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts.
- Observation and design sensitivity: Ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, people, situations, and events, and thinking critically about them. Applying attention to certain details, analysing, reasoning, classifying, inferring and predicting. Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
- Environmental and social awareness: General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure and environment. Awareness of social and cultural connection with design, history of the designed artefact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses. History of art, sculpture and literature.
- Analytical and logical reasoning: Ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative in nature, and discern patterns within the information. Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria. Ability to check for hidden bias or hidden assumptions and whether evidence and argument support conclusions. Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question. Data Interpretation, brainteasers, and patterns.
- Language and creativity: Ability to understand and use Standard English. Reading comprehension, knowledge of English grammar. Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
- Design thinking and problem solving: Ability to use visual analogies, metaphors, signs and symbols. Ability to understand complexity, identify the problem, generate alternatives, evaluate the options and select solutions.
SILICA Experts Note: The expected weightage of different topics of the UCEED syllabus is as follows
|1. Visualization and spatial ability||25%|
|2. Observation and design sensitivity||15%|
|3. Environmental and social awareness||10%|
|4. Analytical and logical reasoning||25%|
|5. Language and creativity||10%|
|6. Design thinking and problem solving||15%|
|Total Marks % →||100%|
II. Part B (Subjective Section): Part B of the UCEED exam will have one question which will test the candidate’s ability to draw products, people or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective, and shading.
SILICA Experts Note: The answers to these questions are assessed on the basis of:
i. The Idea or Concept: How creative, unique, interesting, sensible the idea or concept of the answer is.
ii. The Presentation: Quality of visualization, technical drawing, coloring, overall presentation.
8. What are the important dates for admission to BDes program at IITs?
These are the important dates in the admission process of BDes at IITs through UCEED score:
Important Steps BDes / GDPD Start date for Online Registration September 09, 2020 Last date for Online Registration with regular fee November 10, 2020 Last date for Online Registration with late fee November 17, 2020 Start date for Admit Card downloading January 01, 2021 onwards UCEED 2021 Examination Sunday January 17, 2021
09:00 am to 12:00 pm
Release of Draft Answer Key for Part-A January 21, 2021 Last date for sending Comments about Draft Answer Key January 24, 2021, 5:00 PM Release of Final Answer Key for Part-A, Average and Std Deviation January 31, 2021 Declaration of result March 10, 2021 Start date for Score Card downloading March 10, 2021
9. Where is the UCEED entrance exam held?
UCEED will be conducted in the following 24 cities in India: Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Delhi, Ernakulum, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur and Visakhapatnam. There will be on international exam center in Dubai.
Note: IIT Bombay reserves the right to drop any city for conducting the exam due to poor response. Students have to select top 3 choices. If a city is dropped from the list, then the later choices are offered to the student.
10. What is the passing score / cut off for passing UCEED exam?
|Merit List||Minimum % of marks in each Section of Part-A and Part-B||Minimum Total Marks|
|Common Rank List (CRL)||10||100|
|OBC-NCL rank list||9||90|
|SC rank list||5||50|
|ST rank list||5||50|
|PwD rank list||5||50|
SILICA Expert Notes:
- Candidates equal to about 10 times the number of seats available obtain ranks in the UCEED exam.
- Obtaining a rank in UCEED 2020 does not guarantee admission to the B. Des program. Only top 200 ranks or so obtain admission in IITs.
- However, UCEED score is considered for admission by several other Design Institutes for admission.
Introduction The Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED) is not just an exam; it's a stepping stone to your dreams of entering top-tier design institutes. As the gateway to your future in the world of creativity and innovation, UCEED demands a...
Uceed exam date and time With the exam day for Uceed 2023 being declared on 22nd January 2023 having a good strategy that will help you clear your exams seamlessly becomes a must. The timing for Uceed 2023 examinations is from 9 am to 12 pm. The candidates are...
CEED Eligibility details Qualification: Degree/ Diploma/ Post graduate degree after completing 12th grade GD arts diploma programme through a 10+5 level qualification Due to the existence of no age limit rule, the candidate can appear many times Registration details...
By qualifying for Uceed 2023 you can apply for the B.Des program of prestigious institutes like IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, and many more. The common application form will be made available and the fee is Rs 3000 for applicants of all categories and genders....
U-CEED Coaching in Mumbai
U-CEED Coaching in Vasai
U-CEED Coaching in Borivali
U-CEED Coaching in Goregaon
U-CEED Coaching in Dadar
U-CEED Coaching in Charni Road
U-CEED Coaching in Ghatkopar
U-CEED Coaching in Thane
U-CEED Coaching in Kalyan
U-CEED Coaching in Vashi
U-CEED Coaching in Pune
U-CEED Coaching in Law College Road
U-CEED Coaching in Mahatma Gandhi Road
U-CEED Coaching in Pimpri Chinchwad
U-CEED Coaching in Ahmedabad, Delhi, Bangalore, Indore, Kanpur, Lucknow, Nagpur, Nashik, Aurangabad
U-CEED Coaching in Mansi Cirle, Ahmedabad
U-CEED Coaching in Preet Vihar, Delhi
U-CEED Coaching in South Ext, Delhi
U-CEED Coaching in BTM Layout, Bangalore
U-CEED Coaching in Janjeerwala chouraha , Indore
U-CEED Coaching in Kanpur
U-CEED Coaching in Dharampeth, Nagpur
U-CEED Coaching in Canada Corner, Nashik
U-CEED Coaching in N3 Cidco, Aurangabad
NID: NID Coaching in Mumbai | NID Coaching in Pune | NID Coaching in Bangalore | NID Coaching in Delhi | NID Coaching in Ahmedabad | NID Coaching in Kanpur | NID Coaching in Lucknow | UCEED: UCEED Coaching in Mumbai | UCEED Coaching in Pune | UCEED Coaching in Delhi | UCEED Coaching in Bangalore | UCEED Coaching in Indore | UCEED Coaching in Ahmedabad | UCEED Coaching in Kanpur | UCEED Coaching in Lucknow | CEED: CEED Coaching in Mumbai | CEED Coaching in Pune | CEED Coaching in Delhi | CEED Coaching in Bangalore | CEED Coaching in Indore | CEED Coaching in Ahmedabad | CEED Coaching in Kanpur | CEED Coaching in Lucknow | NIFT: NIFT Coaching in Mumbai | NIFT Coaching in Pune | NIFT Coaching in Delhi | NIFT Coaching in Bangalore | NIFT Coaching in Ahmedabad | NIFT Coaching in Indore | NIFT Coaching in Kanpur | NIFT Coaching in Lucknow | NATA: NATA Coaching in Mumbai | NATA Coaching in Pune | NATA Coaching in Delhi | NATA Coaching in Bangalore | NATA Coaching in Ahmedabad | NATA Coaching in Indore | NATA Coaching in Kanpur | NATA Coaching in Lucknow