Please fill the form below.
NID Sample Paper
Call us on 08080809198 if you face a problem in downloading free lesson or sample papers.
Please fill the form below.
NID Studio Test Live Online Coaching
Please fill the form below.
Compare Kit Options:
|#||Particulars of Product||Online Kit* Rs 500||Box Kit Rs 1,000|
|1||7 Day Course with 30+ Preparatory Videos||Online||Online|
|2||7 Day Workbook with 100+ Studio Test questions||Online||Book|
|3||20+ materials forMock Tests @ Home|
|4||For M.Des. - Discipline Specific questions / tests||Online||Online|
|5||PDF and Video Resources for Interview Preparation||Online||Online|
|6||PDF and Video Resources for Design Portfolio||Online||Online|
|7||FREE - 2 Day Workshop @ Live Online|
NID Mains 2022 – Classroom Coaching
- Both Offline & Online options available
- Conducted by NID Alumni
- Course covered in 10 / 14 / 21 Days
- Solve Mock Studio Tests
- Mock Interviews with Panel
- Portfolio Preparation & Compilation
- For MDes: Discipline Specific Coaching
- FREE: Access to Online Home Coaching Kit
NID Preparation 2022/2023
SILICA provides online videos on youtube and as part of the Home Coaching Kit. Many students have cracked their NID Mains exams with the help of these video lessons.
NID Exam 2022-2023 Key Updates:
Application forms for NID B.Des and M.Des 2022 - 23 are out Pls find the details below:
1. Exam date : 2nd Jan 2022
2. Last date to apply : 30th Nov 2021
3. Registration link - https://admissions.nid.edu/NIDA2022/Registration.aspx
B.Des - https://admissions.nid.edu/NIDA2022/download/BDes_AdmissionsHandbook2022-23.pdf
M.Des - https://admissions.nid.edu/NIDA2022/download/MDes_AdmissionsHandbook2022-23.pdf
The key dates for NID 2022-23 admissions are as follows:
1. Last date of Application - 30th Nov 2021
2. NID Prelims Exam Date - 2nd Jan 2022
3. NID Prelims Result Date - 23rd April 2022
4. NID MDes Mains Exam Dates - Apr-May 2022
5. NID BDes Mains Exam Dates - June 2022
6. NID Mains Result Date - July 2022 (*expected)
7. Academic Year Start Date - August 2022 (*expected)
Important links to the official website:
1. Admission portal - https://admissions.nid.edu/NIDA2022/
2. BDes Admission Handbook - https://admissions.nid.edu/NIDA2022/download/BDes_AdmissionsHandbook2022-23.pdf
3. MDes Admission Handbook - https://admissions.nid.edu/NIDA2022/download/MDes_AdmissionsHandbook2022-23.pdf
Our Top Ranking Students
NID MDes 2021 AIR 1 (Open)
"I am thankful to SILICA Institute, its faculties & coordinators for helping me in my preparation, especially when it came to sketching, solving problems & making my portfolio. The Quizzes, Mock Tests & Guidance sessions by toppers helped me a lot. I strongly recommend SILICA for cracking Design Entrance Exam"
NID BDes 2021 AIR 1 (Open)
"I convey my heartfelt gratitude to the SILICA Team for helping me top in both Prelims & Mains. The secret of cracking NID goes beyond books & I would like to thank my faculties for guiding me throughout. The study material & LMS provided by SILICA helped me alot. The Masterclasses by experts were amazing."
NID BDes 2021 AIR 2 (Open)
"The major part of my success goes to SILICA. Even though the classes were online, every class was interesting & valuable. The faculties were super helpful. Classwork & Homework discussions, feedback on Mock Test papers helped me a lot to improve. SILICA’s course structure is very well defined and rigorous."
NID BDes 2021 AIR 1 (PwD)
"SILICA has guided excellently from foundation to advanced level. They were very supportive & motivating throughout the year. The Mock Tests & Discussions helped understand questions & how to improve. The Design Talks helped me to understand the design industry. I would like to thank SILICA; you truly are our Design Career Guide"
FAQ’s on NID
1. What happened in NID Mains 2021 during COVID19 lockdown?
Due to COVID-19 , the NID DAT Mains was conducted Online from home. Details related to Online interaction were sent to the candidate’s registered email id. The exact time and date was mentioned in the admit card. Also, students had to submit their required documents for verification purposes. Candidates were allowed to choose their campus and course program during the process of counselling and can freeze their seat.
There was change in weightage for the evaluation of final result of NID DAT. The weightage for B.Des DAT Prelims was 70% and for DAT Mains is 30% (online interaction). For M.Des, the revised weightage for DAT Prelims – Common Design Aptitude Test was 15% & Discipline Specific Test was 45% and for DAT Mains (online interview) weightage was 40%.
2. What is the cut off for NID DAT Prelims?
3. What is the final cut off for NID DAT Mains?
4. What questions are asked in the NID DAT Mains exam?
The DAT Mains consists of two parts:
- Studio Test: This may consist of tests in different formats such as drawing / sketching, hands-on model making, group discussions, observation tests, problem solving tests etc. This test will be marked out of 100 marks and will be conducted in English.
- Interviews (only for MDes): The interviews will be conducted separately for each discipline, immediately after the Studio Test, at the same centre. This will be marked out of 100 marks. This will be an opportunity for the students to present themselves and their design portfolio to the jury.
Note: The DAT prelims score carries 70-80% weightage in final score. For MDes, the split is Studio Test (50%) and Interview (30%).
5. What kind of questions can be asked in the NID Studio Test?
- NID B.Des. Studio Test – The questions will be common / similar for all.
- NID M.Des. Studio Test – The questions will be design discipline specific.
- The following table shows a list of topics and questions, which can be asked in the Studio Test:
|#||Type of Question||Sample Question|
|1||Doodling & Drawing||Observe the car parked outside and sketch it from 2 different angles.|
|2||Observation Tests||Questions which will test your observation through the 5 senses: Sight, Hearing, Touch, Smell, Taste. E.g. List down all the ingredients that made up the breakfast you had this morning.|
|3||3D Model Making||Use the given clay and thin wire to create a 3D model of your favorite cartoon or animation character.|
|4||Problem Solving||More Applicable to M.Des. E.g. Automobile Design: Design the dashboard of concept motorbike by Honda. Please explain your concept through notes and sketches. Please show final rendering of the dashboard of the motorbike.|
|5||Group Discussions||In a group of 10 candidates, have a group discussion on the following statement. Discuss either For or Against the statement. “Do quarrels strengthen relationships?”|
|6||Other Tests (Skits etc)||In a group of 5 candidates, prepare a 3 minute skit on the following topic:“Incredible India!”|
6. What kind of questions can be asked in the Interview?
There is no standard list of questions which are asked in a design admission interview. The questions will revolve around the candidate’s life, personality, temperament, achievements and creative outputs till date.
Some sample questions are:
- Why do you want to join NID? What will you do if you don’t get into NID?
- What would you do if you find a homeless person on the street shivering in cold?
- In one minute, tell us why we should select you at NID?
- You have one minute, make us laugh.
- For M.Des. (E.g. Product Design):
- Who is your favorite Product Designer?
- What are some of the new products that fascinate you? Why?
- What is happening in the Indian Product Design industry?
7. What student design portfolio is required for NID?
Entrance Exam Coaching
NID Entrance Exam
NIFT Entrance Exam
CEED Entrance Exam
UCEED Entrance Exam
NATA Entrance Exam
NID: NID Coaching in Mumbai | NID Coaching in Pune | NID Coaching in Bangalore | NID Coaching in Delhi | NID Coaching in Ahmedabad | NID Coaching in Kanpur | NID Coaching in Lucknow | UCEED: UCEED Coaching in Mumbai | UCEED Coaching in Pune | UCEED Coaching in Delhi | UCEED Coaching in Bangalore | UCEED Coaching in Indore | UCEED Coaching in Ahmedabad | UCEED Coaching in Kanpur | UCEED Coaching in Lucknow | CEED: CEED Coaching in Mumbai | CEED Coaching in Pune | CEED Coaching in Delhi | CEED Coaching in Bangalore | CEED Coaching in Indore | CEED Coaching in Ahmedabad | CEED Coaching in Kanpur | CEED Coaching in Lucknow | NIFT: NIFT Coaching in Mumbai | NIFT Coaching in Pune | NIFT Coaching in Delhi | NIFT Coaching in Bangalore | NIFT Coaching in Ahmedabad | NIFT Coaching in Indore | NIFT Coaching in Kanpur | NIFT Coaching in Lucknow | NATA: NATA Coaching in Mumbai | NATA Coaching in Pune | NATA Coaching in Delhi | NATA Coaching in Bangalore | NATA Coaching in Ahmedabad | NATA Coaching in Indore | NATA Coaching in Kanpur | NATA Coaching in Lucknow