How to Apply for B.Des Programs at IITs – SILICA INSTITUTE
UCEED EXAM FOR B.DES AT IIT’S:
The Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design(UCEED) is being used to admit students to the Bachelor of Design (BDes) programs at IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, and IIITDM Jabalpur (UCEED Coaching). Many institutes accept the UCEED Score Card for admission to BDes programs. On the official UCEED website, you may find a list of result-sharing institutes that accept UCEED scores for admissions to the BDes program.
The Indian Institute of Technology Bombay will host UCEED 2022, which will be guided by the UCEED-CEED Implementation Committee 2022.
All nationalities (Indian and foreign) are welcome to apply for UCEED 2022. Candidates applying to the Bachelor of Design (BDes) programs at the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB), Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IITD), Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IITG), Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad (IITH), and Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing Jabalpur (IIITDMJ) must take the UCEED 2022 exam. Candidates should be aware that simply appearing in UCEED 2022 or being on the rank list does not guarantee or grant automatic admission to the participating institutes’ BDes programs.
Candidates who have completed the UCEED must apply separately for BDes admissions through the combined seat allocation process. Only admission to programs in the academic year 2022-2023 is possible with a UCEED 2022 score.
ADMISSION TO BDes PROGRAMMES
In IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, and IIITDM Jabalpur (participating institutes), applications will be accepted from March 14, 2022 (Monday), 17:00 hours. The admission portal will close on March 31, 2022 (Thursday).
- Age Limit: Applicants of the OPEN/EWS/OBC-NCL category must have been born on or after October 1, 1997, and those of the SC, ST, or PWD categories must have been born on or after October 1, 1992.
- UCEED qualification: The candidate should have qualified, i.e., obtained a rank, in UCEED 2022.
- Qualifying examination: In 2021 or 2022, the candidate must have passed all five subjects in the qualifying examination (Class XII or equivalent). Those who took their qualifying test for the first time in 2020 or earlier are not eligible.
ONLINE application Steps:
For the academic year 2022-2023, only UCEED 2022 qualified students can apply for admission to the BDes program at IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, and IIITDM Jabalpur. Admissions to the various BDes programs will be handled through a single application form. IIT Bombay’s UCEED Office will process the same application form and supervise the shared seat allocation procedure. The IIT Bombay Admissions Portal will have the same application form available. On the official UCEED website, a link to the same will be available (www.uceed.iitb.ac.in). Applicants will be able to fill out their personal information and rank their preferred institutes in order of preference.
Online Application Steps
- Step 1. Click here to check the Eligibility criteria
- Step 2. Click here to view the revised seat matrix
- Step 3. Click (Link – https://portal.iitb.ac.in/bdesapp/#) to verify your UCEED Details.
- Step 4. Fill in the application form
- Personal Details
- Education Details
- Institute Preferences
- Step 5. Upload the necessary documents
- Marksheet of 12th standard
- Age Proof
- Physical Disability Certificate ( If Applicable)
- Caste Certificate ( If Applicable)
- EWS Certificate ( If Applicable)
- Nationality Certificate ( If Applicable)
- OCI/PIO Certificate ( If Applicable)
- Step 6. Pay Fees
- Step 7. Submit form
- Step 8. Print, Sign, and upload signed form
Application fees – The BDes admission application counseling processing fee for applicants of all categories and genders is Rs. 2000 (Rupees Two Thousand only). This fee is non-refundable and non-transferable
. SEAT MATRIX FOR BDes 2022-23
The following table shows the category-wise distribution of the available seats in Bachelor of Design (BDes) programs at IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, and IIITDM Jabalpur for the academic year 2022-2023:
- PwD reservations @ 5% will be horizontal. PwD candidates will consume seats from their birth category quota.
Seat Allotments : Apr 10, 2022 to Jun 10, 2022
UCEED Result Sharing Institutes
For admissions to “Result Sharing Institutes”, please visit the respective institutes website.
- World University of Design, Sonepat, Haryana
- UPES School of Design, Dehradun
- JK Lakshmipat University, Jaipur
- Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, Punjab
- Department of Design, Nirma University, Ahmedabad
- MIT-WPU School of Design, Pune
- Symbiosis School of Planning Architecture and Design, Nagpur
- CEPT University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Jain (Deemed-to-be-University), Bangalore
- RV University, Bengaluru
- Srishti Manipal Institute of Art, Design and Technology, Bengaluru
- MIT ID Ujjain Avantika University, Ujjain
- Vidyavardhan’s Institute of Design Environment and Architecture (IDEA), Nashik
- Department of Design, Netaji Subhas University of Technology (NSUT), New Delhi
- VIT School of Design (V-SIGN), VIT, Vellore
Please contact your SILICA Faculty or Center Coordinator if you have any queries or concerns.
Also Read: Top Tips to Crack UCEED & CEED Exam
Also Read: Courses After 10th. What To Do After 10th?
Also Read: How Do You Prepare for the UCEED Entrance Exam?
Also Read: UCEED Exam Paper Pattern / UCEED 2021 Syllabus
Also Read: UCEED Coaching: Do You Really Need Coaching To Clear The UCEED Exam?