Architect, Interior Design, Fashion Career Guidance for 2021-22
So, you want to make a career out of those dexterous hands, eh? Architecture, interior designing, and fashion designing are some of the most popular careers out there for anyone who has a knack for drawing and creating. But these are also awfully challenging careers and it is imperative to know exactly what you want to be and how to achieve that.
So, here is an updated guide for you about the various fields, the necessary preparation, entrance exams required for you to take up any of these fields.
Choosing The Right Career
If you aspire to create, renovate, and reinvent infrastructure, architecture is the right path for you. Though it has a ton of subfields depending on where your interest lies. If you are interested in infrastructure then B.arch (five-year UG program) is the way for you, if you’re more interested in designing interiors then NID and similar institutes are better and if you’re into fashion and aspire to build a career in it then one of the best institute to do so will be NIFT. Here are a bunch of different fields you could venture into;
- Commercial architect
- Residential architect
- Urban Planning
- Sustainable architect
- Interior designing
- Landscape architect
- Industrial architect
- Fashion Technology
All these careers come under architecture although these require specific training and program. You need to research thoroughly about the field you want to pursue and which colleges provide the best-suited programs for you.
- NATA –The National Aptitude Test in Architecture is conducted by the National Institute of Advanced Studies in Architecture (NIASA), which is a body of the Council of Architecture. It is conducted twice a year and the candidates have the choice in appearing in both of them. NATA (national aptitude test in architecture) consists of more colleges; hence, it has a greater number of available seats making it a little easier than exams like JEE Mains Paper-II.
- JEE Mains Paper II – JEE Mains Paper two is also conducted twice a year for B.arch aspirants. Clearing this entrance exam grants admission to institutes like IITs, and NITs in the country. Due to the lesser number of colleges and seats available, this exam is considered a little tougher than NATA.
- UCEED – Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design is conducted by IIT Bombay every year to offer admission to eligible candidates in Bachelor of Design programs offered at colleges accepting UCEED scores.
- NID –The National Institute Of Design conducts its own NID entrance exams for aspirants seeking admission in their UG and PG design programs.
- Pearl Academy Entrance Exam – Conducted by Pearl Academy for aspirants seeking admission in their design programs.
- NIFT –National Institute Of Fashion Technology conducts their NIFT entrance exam for their UG and PG programs in fashion technology.
No matter whichever career path you opt for or whichever exam to appear in, one thing common in all of them is how challenging they are and for you to crack these entrance exams you need to prepare long and hard. The best way is to start as soon as you can, preferably straight after choosing your +2 stream, which will need to be science in the case of these careers. Enroll in online coaching institutes like SILICA and opt for your exam-centric preparation programs.
These online programs will help you prepare for the exam in the best way possible. Providing you resources like study materials, video lectures by industry experts, previous year’s question papers, and mock tests. You can also conveniently study at any time of the day whether 3 in the afternoon or the morning, giving you a more flexible schedule. Practice hard, research a lot and believe in yourself, you can do it!
Also Read : What Is The Difference Between NID And NIFT?