Admission Guidance to Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) 2023
B.Arch is a competitive course for which candidates from all over the country go through a rigorous entrance examination. Admissions to colleges are done on the basis of ranking, while some colleges may also carry their own entrance examination along with the standard procedure.
The information stated below is imperative for candidates applying in Architecture. It is recommended that the details are acknowledged before proceeding towards admission in a suitable college. Once the candidate has acquired a certain score in the entrance examination, the candidate is now required to make an appropriate choice in a reputed Architecture college as per their score.
Refer to the list below to understand different types of Architecture colleges and their respective admission authorities who conduct the process:
|#||Type of Architecture Colleges||Who conducts Admission||Example of Colleges|
State University Affiliated
(Aided / Unaided)
|State Admission Cells||J.J. College, BNCA, L.S Raheja etc|
|2||Private Universities Affiliated||Individual College on their own||CEPT, BSSA (NMIMS), DY Patil, MIT-ADT etc|
|3||SPA / NIT / IIT||CSAB/JoSAA||SPA Delhi, NIT Trichy, IIT Kharagpur etc|
Kindly Note that:
- The admission is on the basis of your XII Std % and your Entrance Exam score (NATA or JEE P2). As per Council of Architecture, all students must give NATA for admission to the B.Arch program in India. However, the Council also provides a formula for converting JEE P2 score to an equivalent NATA score. Most admission authorities also ask for your JEE P2 score. For admission, the system will use whichever score is higher- actual NATA score or JEE P2 score. For admission to B.Arch program at IITs, students have to attempt JEE P1 and Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) conducted by IIT.
- As per COA Notification dated 24 June 2023, Only candidates qualifying NATA 2023 and fulfilling the eligibility criteria are admitted to 1st year of 5 year’s B.Arch degree course during Academic session 2023 – 2024.
How to apply to colleges affiliated with State Level Universities? (for example: Mumbai University)
We have listed down Colleges affiliated to State Level Universities along with their admission links for 7 different states. For some colleges you may find links to the 2021 admission cycle for the reason that the 2022 admission process for said colleges is not live.
|#||State||Cet cell||Application Link||Current Status|
|3||Karnataka||KCET, COMED-K||KCET – https://cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/kea/cet2023||Not Live|
|COMED-K https://www.comedk.org/||Live now|
|4||Madhya Pradesh||DTE Cell||https://dte.mponline.gov.in/portal/services/onlinecounselling/ |
|5||Uttar Pradesh||DTE Cell||https://bteup.ac.in/||Not Live|
|7||Tamil Nadu||DTE Cell||http://www.tndte.gov.in/site/||Not Live|
List of Architecture colleges across India – https://www.coa.gov.in/institutionStatus.php
How do you apply to colleges affiliated with private universities e.g. CEPT, BSSA (NMIMS), MIT-ADT etc.?
In order to apply at deemed universities, the following steps must be taken:
- Visit the respective college website
- Fill the registration form
- Upload the list of documents mentioned
- Pay the application fees
The college will send a mail and/ notify in their website about the merit list of admitted students. Students are advised to check the college website regularly.
How do you apply to SPA / NIT / IIT for B.Arch program?
The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) 2022 has been set up by the Ministry of Education [erstwhile Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD)] to manage and regulate the joint seat allocation for admissions to 110 institutes for the academic year 2022-23. This includes 23 IITs, 31 NITs, IIEST Shibpur, 26 IIITs and 29 Other-Government Funded Technical Institutes (Other-GFTIs). Admission to all the academic programs offered by these Institutes will be made through a single platform.
What is the general process for admission that most admission authorities follow?
The Directorate of Technical Education, of the respective state allocates seats to the eligible candidates in the B.Arch degree program through the centralized admission process.
Step 1 : Interested candidates can apply on the official website of the State Common Entrance Test Cell of Maharashtra. Thereafter seats are allocated based on the merit list prepared by the authority. Admissions are based on the marks scored in the qualifying exams: National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) and JEE Main Paper-II
Step 2 : The candidates who wish to apply for admission must fill the B. Arch application form before the deadline and upload all the required documents.
Step 3 : After verification of documents, the admission committee releases the merit list with names of shortlisted candidates based on the score obtained in the qualifying exam and NATA.
Step 4 : The candidates shortlisted will be eligible for the counseling process.Seats and admission will be allotted after the counseling process.
Step 5 : The candidates must sign the application form and submit the filled application form along with an attested copy of all the documents at the time of admission.
Step 6 : Admission will be finalized once the admission fee is paid.
What is the eligibility criteria for B.Arch admission 2023?
- The candidate must have passed class 10+2 level examination OR qualified 10+3 Diploma with Mathematics OR any equivalent level degree/examination from a recognized Institute or Board.
- The candidate must have studied Science and Mathematics as the compulsory subjects in the qualifying examination.
- The candidate must have attained a valid score in the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) /JEE (Main Paper-2) exam
What are the documents required for applying for the B.Arch admission process?
Admission to candidates will be given after the successful verification of documents & fee submission. The following documents will be required:
- 10th &12th Mark Sheet and Certificate
- Domicile certificate of State (if applicable)
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Disability certificate issued by the competent authority
- Photo Identity card like Voter ID card, Passport, Aadhar Card, etc.
- Passport size photograph etc.
- JEE Score Card
- NATA Score Card
- Application form
- Any other documents as per the directions.