Please fill the form below.
UCEED Coaching in Delhi
Students and aspirants from all over India appear for the UCEED Entrance exams 2021 in high hopes to pursue a designing career. The national level entrance exams are held every year to shortlist the best design candidates and give them opportunity to pursue their dream career. The past decade has seen a remarkable rise in the demand for designers in different field.
Statistics reveal that the demand for designers in India far exceeds the supply. Every year, 1,50,00,000 graduate as engineers but the actual demand for engineers is much less. On the contrary, only 15000 qualified designers are seen each year in India while the demand is much more. It comes as no surprise that in 2015, during the placement drive, 72lakhs pay offer was given to an NID student. In the same placement drive, 8 students were given packages of 48lakhs.
The statistics reveal the rise in demand for designers. Technological designers have many different career options to choose from. A good designer maybe hired by any of the following:
- Personal Product Companies like Bombay Dyeing, Titan and Adidas
- Tech-driven and IT Companies like Infosys, Facebook and Ola
- Advertising Agencies like JWT India, Ogilvy and Lowe Lintas
- Automotive Companies like Mahindra & Mahindra, Tata and Maruti
- Media Houses like TV 18, Viacom and ZEE
The first milestone that every designer must clear is the UCEED Entrance Exams that is held annually in 24 nationwide centres. The entrance exams are meant to gauge the design aptitude of candidates. The competition is tough and without proper guidance and training, a candidate will find it hard to clear such exams. SILICA aspires to help such candidates attain their dream career. The UCEED & CEED coaching at SILICA is designed to cater to the practical needs of students with true potential in designing.
General Introduction to UCEED
Students who wish to do a bachelor’s in design must clear the UCEED Entrance exams. The eligibility for appearing for the entrance exam is as follows:
- Age limit as Prescribed by the Government: If you are a candidate from the open category or OBC, the maximum age limit set is 25 years to appear for the UCEED Entrance Examinations. If you belong to the SC/ST category or you have any disabilities, the maximum age limit is 30 years.
- UCEED Qualification: Only rank holders for the UCEED Entrance Examination are selected for IITs and IIScs.
- Clearing the Class XII or equivalent qualifying examination is necessary to be eligible to appear the entrance exams.
Students need to fulfil the following eligibility criteria to appear for the CEED Entrance Exams:
- The minimum age to appear for the UCEED Entrance Exam is 21 years.
- After 12th, the candidate must have pursued a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following: Engineering/Design/Architecture/Interior Design or any equivalent 4 years programme after their 12th
- The candidate must have passed the 4-year professional programme of Bachelor of Fine Arts after 12th
- The candidate must have obtained a Professional Diploma in Design such as NID/CEPT or any equivalent 4 years programme after 12th
- The candidate must have Master’s Degree in Arts/Science/Computer Applications (2 years programme after 12th)
- The candidate must have completed G.D Art after 10th with a year of post qualification professional experience
Students who are in the final year of any of the above courses may also apply so that they show their proof of passing during admission.
Those candidates who have pursued a three years design course are not eligible for the entrance exams.
UCEED 2019 Question Paper Solved
UCEED 2019 Solved Paper - Solution for Question No. 1
UCEED Coaching in Delhi
The UCEED Entrance Exams are national level exams to evaluate the design aptitude of the students. The exams are challenging and the competition is high. Students all over India and from different streams and backgrounds appear for these exams. A good training can help students be prompts and complete the exams successfully within the limited time provided.
SILICA Coaching aims to train candidates with required potential for the national level exam. The initial design aptitude test at SILICA helps to assess the true potential of each candidate before shortlisting students who are selected for SILICA Coaching.
The SILICA Coaching Centre at College Road, Delhi helps students in Delhi to pursue the dream of a career in design. The collaborative learning technique used by SILICA is unique as the co-ordinators, tutors and parents monitor the progress of the students and decide the best way to help them improve.
Silica Coaching Centre has many distinguishing factors that make it better than the other options. Here are some reasons to choose SILICA if you are training for UCEED Exams:
- The staff at SILICA belong to the design fraternity and they use their knowledge and experience in the field of design to help candidates clear the entrance exams successfully
- The use of the online platform to help students learn and practice from their homes is yet another plus on SILICA’s favour
- Unlike many UCEED coaching centres that evaluate students during the admission process through a general aptitude test, SILICA has a customised design aptitude test developed to correctly assess whether the candidate possesses the desired potential
- SILICA conducts UCEED mock test every week and these are as close to the real entrance exams as possible making it possible for the parents to get the real picture about the candidate’s position
- The UCEED Study Material books provided by SILICA has been compiled by the experts to help design students succeed in the UCEED exams
- The multiple branches of SILICA allow students from different parts of India to get trained and to attain their goal
FAQ's on UCEED
Parents, students and aspirants have queries and doubts regarding the design career as well as the UCEED Entrance Exams 2021. The most commonly asked questions are answered here for reference:
What are the career options for designers in India?
Statistics reveal that the demand for designers are on an all-time high. In the recent past, 50% more designers are getting hired as compared to engineers. The data reveals that 1 in every 100 is an engineer while the need for engineers in India may not be as high. In comparison, 1 in every 1,00,000 is a designer in India while the demand is definitely much more. Due to the imbalance in equation, designers are hired by top companies at very high starting salaries.
Design is a very broad term and encompasses many diverse disciplines in design as listed below and classified:
- IT Integrated Design
- Digital Design
- New Media Design
- Digital Game Design
- Information Design
- UI/UX Design
- Industrial Design
- Automobile Design
- Furniture Design
- Product Design
- Toy & Game Design
- Glass & Ceramic Design
- Interdisciplinary Design
- Retail Design
- Strategic Design
- Business System Design
- Universal Design
- Fashion Design
- Textile Design
- Apparel Design
- Knitwear Design
- Leather Design
- Fashion Styling
- Fashion Communication
- Accessory Design
- Fashion Management
- Fashion Technology
- Communication Design
- Film & Video
- Animation Design
- Graphic Design
- Photography Design
The opportunities awaiting designers are innumerable. Here are the different categories of companies that are always seeking good designers:
- Consumer Product Companies
- Tech-drive and IT Companies
- Media Houses
- Personal Product Companies
- Fashion Driven Companies
- Interior & Furniture Companies
- Advertising Agencies
- E-commerce Companies
- IT Integrated Design
How does the career ladder for a designer progress?
If you wish to pursue a career in design, you need to appear for UCEED Entrance Exams. Once you have pursued the desired graduate or post graduate course in design, you can head for job interview. The starting salaries of designers are on an average 6-9 lakhs per annum.
You will start of as an intern in the company and then progress to become a junior designer. The next stage in the career will be that of a senior designer. If you prove your prowess as a senior designer, you maybe promoted to hold the position of a design head.
As you do well in your career, you maybe promoted to production or marketing head. The final stage will be to become the CEO or Chairman of the firm where you are working.
Is there a difference in the training offered in the different branches of SILICA?
SILICA Coaching has its branches in many different cities as listed below:
There are multiple branches in many of these cities so that aspirants have a coaching centre in their vicinity. SILICA focuses on training the students for what is expected in the actual entrance exams. They have online study modules that allow students to learn while they are home and make the best use of internet and technology.
Apart from this, weekly mock tests are held so that children experience the feeling of an exam before the actual exam. In Mumbai and Pune, there are 3 classroom sessions also included in the package.
How do mock tests and practice questions help candidates appearing for UCEED Entrance Exams?
SILICA selects the candidates with true potential through a design aptitude test. This test is different from the common aptitude tests and focuses only on design aptitude of candidates. The test is divided into two parts:
10 minutes Creativity Quotient Test (CQT)
110 minutes Design Aptitude Test (DAT)
The selected students are then trained by staff from the design fraternity. The weekly mock tests held help to give students the true feel of the entrance exams. The UCEED study material and the mock tests cover the following:
- Visualization and Spatial Ability
- Language and Creativity
- Environmental & Social Awareness
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning
- Observation and Design Sensitivity
The types of questions covered are as follows:
- Numeric Answer Type (NAT)
- Multiple Selection Questions (MSQ)
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
The material provided by SILICA also includes 350+ practice questions that help to sharpen their intellect and help them fare better at the actual exam. The collaborative learning technique and the proper use of the online medium to share quizzes and contests with students helps improve learning without pressurising the students in any manner.
What kind of questions will be asked for Situation Test 2021?
A variety of questions can be asked in Situation Test. The student will be asked to make mementos, models of accessories, models for social causes, abstract installations, etc. On our website, you can find the latest Situation test realted UCEED sample paper for 2019 and that of before.
What is the pattern for UCEED Situation Test?
UCEED Situation Test is for the admission to B.Des program. You can find the UCEED entrance exam sample papers for the same on our website. Here is a glimpse at the pattern of the test.
- Shortlisted candidates who had written the CAT and GAR papers need to take a Situation Test in April 2021.
- This is a hands-on test that evaluates the candidate’s innovative ability for a given situation with a provided set of material. Thus, the test also analyzes the material handling skill of the candidate.
- The model is judged on the basis of space visualization, creative use of provided material, colour scheme, composition of elements, and finesse of model, construction skill, and its overall presentation.
- These parameters will be then checked with the concept explained in a write-up for the constructed model. The language for the write-up must be English.
What is the pattern of entrance exam UCEED and weightage for different parts of the examination?
The admission of applicant to NIFT’s programs is according to passing the different tests in entrance exam and eligibility criteria. CAT and GAT are written tests, whereas GDPI and Situation Test are practical tests. You can find ample support for UCEED entrance exam in Delhi and other related tests at our institution. Below we have provided weightage assigned to every test:
- For B.Des test type CAT (Creative Ability Test), the weightage is 50%. Test time is in January and the test duration is for 3 hours.
- For B.Des test type GAT (General Ability Test), the weightage is 30%. Test time is in January and test duration is for 2 hours.
- For B.Des Situation Test, weightage is 20%. Test time is in April and test duration is for 2 hours.
- For B.F.Tech test type GAT, the weightage is 100%. Test time is in January and test duration is 3 hours.
- For M.Des test type CAT, weightage is 40%. Test time is January and test duration is 3 hours.
- For M.Des GAT, weightage is 30%. Test time is January and test duration is 2 hours.
- For M.Des Personal interview/GD, weightage is 30% and test time is in May.
- For M.F.Tech/M.F.M, test time is January, test duration is 3 hours, and weightage is 70%. Weightage for GD/personal interview is 30% and test time is in May.
What is the reservation of seats available?
In accordance with rules of Government of India, citizens get reservation of seats on the basis of following categories:
- General seats reservation is 50.5%.
- SC seat reservation is 15%.
- OBC-NC seat reservation is 27%.
- ST seat reservation is 7.5%.
We at Silica offer UCEED entrance exam preparations in Delhi to students from all the above-categories with no room for discrimination.
SILICA Institute - Your Design Career Guide - NID, NIFT, NATA, UCEED, CEED Coaching Classes in Delhi
Address: Plot No. 6, 2nd floor, Park End Colony, Vikas Marg, Preet Vihar, above Bank of India New Delhi - 110092
Hours Open: Closes 8PM
Phone: (+91) 8810418416
Address: F-13, Ground Floor, Opp. Manav Medicare Center, South Ext Part 1, Block F, New Delhi - 110049
Hours Open: Closes 8PM
Phone: (+91) 8810433025