NID Studio Test 2021: Know All About Interview, Portfolio & Preparation
The National Institute of Design (NID) is one of the most popular design colleges in India. The design aspirants from all over the country attend the NID entrance exam to get admission into different NID colleges situated in places such as Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Bangalore, Vijayawada, Bhopal etc. In 2021, a countless number of students are eagerly waiting to clear the National Institute of Design – Design Aptitude Test or NID DAT for admission to B.Des or M.Des programs.
As you might be aware, the NID DAT entrance exam is divided into two segments namely; NID DAT Prelims and NID DAT Mains. Both exams are conducted to assess the aptitude, design perception, and motivation which are necessary skills in a design student. While the former is a pen and paper-based written examination, the latter is a Studio Test. It is important to note here that students need to qualify for the NID DAT Prelims first to attend the NID DAT Mains.
Followed by the NID studio test, the candidates will need to face the interview which is the final frontier to get admission to NID colleges in India.
Also Check: 7 Tips To Crack NID Prelims (B.Des) in just 6 months!!
NID Studio Test 2021
Once you clear the NID DAT Prelims, you will be notified of the date and place to attend the NID Studio Test. Some of the essential points to remember include:
- The NID Studio Test will be a 3-hour exam where the candidates need to finish the task in the stipulated time. The medium of the test is English.
- The evaluation of the candidate’s performance will be based on a wide range of parameters such as Doodling, Clay modelling, Wire moulding, Audio/Visual Test, 3D model making.
- Some of the thingsyou need to develop to ace the Studio Test includes a level of creativity that can impress the examiner. Additionally, execution is of paramount importance. Irrespective of whether your execution is large scale or simple, it should be of high quality. Finally, the examiner will assess how fast you can understand the problem and solve it in the given time frame.
- NID DAT Interview is carried out to assess the design knowledge and personal interests of the candidate. Other factors such as soft skills, aptitude and focus on career are also assessed.
NID Studio Test Preparation 2021
- The first step is to understand the syllabus for the NID Studio Test and remember all the possible topics that can be covered in the exam. Once you do that and cover all the lessons, you will be confident to face the Studio Test.
- Secondly, make sure to analyze the exam pattern and types of questions asked in the previous years. It will give a good idea about how you should formulate your preparation strategy.
- Now that you know all about the NID DAT Studio Test, you can start the preparation perhaps by dividing the topics according to the days left for the exam. Remember the exam is for 3 hours and thereforeprepare yourselfmentally for the same in the initial preparation stage itself.
- Visualization skills, sketching and the ability to work with different given materials are the primary elements you need to learn, refine and gain expertise. It can be done by sketching a lot, observing designs from sources like books, magazines or the internet. Boost your imagination and unleash your creativity while you practice.
- In the Studio Test, materials such as clay, Plaster of Paris, wire, paper may be given to you. Also, 3D model-making materials will be provided by the examination centre. So, prepare yourself by watching videos freely available on the internet on how to make the best use of materials in a limited time. You can also join coaching centres like Silica to learn from professionals in the design industry or tutors with several years of experience in the field.
- Portfolio preparation must include your drawings, creative writing, posters, 3D model photographs and all your original work. As far as interviews are concerned, be confident and trust your design knowledge to come out with flying colours.
- Before attending the NID DAT Mains, spend time working out the previous year questions. There are tons of NID mock tests and NID sample papers available online. But you can choose top-rated and trusted mocks from Silica which will be similar to the actual test. This will help you a lot in preparation.
This is all you need to know about the NID DAT Studio Test 2021. If you want to boost your preparation, you can join Silica, one of the leading design entrance coaching institutes delivering the best results. For more details, visit www.silica.co.in.
Also Check: NID DAT 2021 Result Expected in the 3rd Week of June: What’s Next?
Also Check: All about NID Admission 2021-22: Application, Eligibility, Paper Pattern, Dates
Also Check: Is coaching necessary to clear the NID exam?
Also Check: What Is The Difference Between NID And NIFT?
Also Check: Admissions to NID 2021 – Applications, Eligibility Criteria, Pattern, Topics