|UCEED Sample Papers|
|Download UCEED 2021||Download UCEED 2020|
|Download UCEED 2019||Download UCEED 2018|
|Download UCEED 2017||Download UCEED 2016|
|Download UCEED 2015|
UCEED Sample Paper
Call us on 08080809198 if you face a problem in downloading sample papers.
Please fill the form below.
Solving the UCEED sample papers is best way to prepare for the UCEED exam. From Silica Institute you can download all the previous UCEED question papers with answers PDF for free. Just register yourself and download all UCEED previous year question papers including 2019, 2018 etc.
UCEED 2019 Question Paper Solved
UCEED 2019 Solved Paper - Solution for Question No. 1
UCEED/CEED 2022 UPDATE :
Dear Students, The registrations for CEED & UCEED 2022 exams started from today.
- Start date for Registration - 9th September 2021
- Last date to apply - 31st October 2021
- Exam date - 23rd January 2022
Registration links :
- UCEED - http://www.uceed.iitb.ac.in/2022/assets/downloads/docs/UCEED2022_Information_Brochure.pdf#view=FitV
- CEED - http://www.ceed.iitb.ac.in/2022/downloads/CEED2022_Brochure.pdf#view=FitV
About SILICA UCEED Sample Papers
UCEED entrance examination, which is held every year, is a competitive exam to find out the top candidates for selection and admission to B.Des courses in the leading institutes in India. Thorough preparation is necessary on the part of students to crack the examination with panache. In the entrance examination, aspirants compete with one another directly. Securing the top rankings in the exam grants them admission to B.Des certified course.
For aspirants, UCEED question paper of yesteryears and the current year is a great tool to develop familiarity with the question pattern for the next edition of the examination. IIT Bombay makes it available for would-be examinees so they can answer the questions in the upcoming examination with confidence. Developing an idea of the difficulty level of the questions aside, it also allows aspirants to plan their strategy for better outcomes in the UCEED assessment.
It is a good idea on the part of aspirants to solve a UCEED sample paper daily. It helps them manage their time, improve their speed, and enhance their accuracy. Keeping in mind the fact that candidates get only three hours to answer the questions of distinct patterns, acquiring these skills can help them face the questions with confidence.
UCEED exam question paper is an acid test for those who want to come on top. Thus, it is important to cover all bases before taking the examination. In line with the previous versions of the examination, the next edition is all set to stage a knockout competition among the examinees. So, they are expected to prepare themselves accordingly.
One can get valuable insights into the questions UCEED 2021 from different sections by following the pattern of questions in UCEED question paper 2019. You can download the sample papers of UCEED 2019 from the links given in the article.
The process to download the UCEED question papers/sample papers from the website is simple and easy. All you need to do is click on the links in the article. After downloading the previous years’ sample papers of UCEED examination, candidates are recommended to solve the questions daily. This is the sure-fire way to qualify for selection at the time of the declaration of allotment of seats.
Why solve UCEED sample papers/model papers before taking UCEED examination?
As an aspirant of B. Des degree course in one of the reputed institutes in India - IIT Bombay, IITDM Jabalpur or IIT Guwahati - you are bound to ask this question. To begin with, it is one of the proven strategies for success in the examination. By initiating this smart move, you can benefit in the following three ways:
- You can maximize and adjust your speed to solve numerical answers so you can answer all the questions within the allotted duration of three hours.
- You can improve your accuracy of answering the questions, thereby reducing the chances of getting marked down due to negative marking.
- You will learn how to better utilize your time for answering each question so you do not miss out on answering any of the questions.
To reap the aforementioned benefits, every aspirant of B.Des course should make a point of practising the questions of previous UCEED examination papers without fail. This can prove to be a game-changer for them at the time of the publication of seat allotment results.
UCEED Question Paper Pattern 2022
There will be ONE question paper of total THREE hours duration.
- The question paper will be in English.
- The question paper will carry a total of 300 marks.
- The question paper will consist of two parts: Part-A and Part-B. It is compulsory to attempt questions from both the parts.
- Utmost care is taken to prepare an error free question paper. However, if an error is detected in the question paper, the UCI Committee shall take an appropriate decision after the examination, which shall be final.
Details of the two parts of the question paper are given below:
Part-A (Total marks: 240; Maximum time: 2 hours 30 minutes)
- This part will be administered through a computer-based test.
- This part will consist of three sections.
Section 1: NAT (Numerical Answer Type): 18 questions (4 marks each; no negative marks). For these questions, the answer is a number that needs to be entered using a virtual keyboard in the computer screen. No choices will be shown for these questions.
Section 2: MSQ (Multiple Select Question): 18 questions. Each MSQ may have one or more than one correct choice(s) out of the four given. The following is the marking scheme:
- Full Marks: + 4 If only (all) the correct option(s) is(are) chosen and NONE of the incorrect options are chosen.
- Partial Marks: + 3 If all the four options are correct but ONLY three options are chosen and NONE of the incorrect options are chosen.
- Partial Marks: + 2 If three or more options are correct but ONLY two options are chosen, both of which are correct and NONE of the incorrect options are chosen.
- Partial Marks: + 1 If two or more options are correct but ONLY one option is chosen and it is a correct option and NONE of the incorrect options are chosen.
- Zero Marks: 0 If none of the options is chosen (i.e., the question is unanswered). Negative Marks: -1 In all other cases.
Section 3: MCQ (Multiple Choice Question): 32 questions (3 marks each for the correct answer; 0.71 negative marks for incorrect answers). Each MCQ will have four choices, out of which only one is the correct answer.
Part-B (Total marks: 60; Maximum time: 30 minutes)
- Part-B consists of ONE question that is aimed at testing the candidate’s drawing skills, which will require subjective evaluation. The question in Part-B will be displayed on the computer screen and the answer has to be written/drawn in the answer book provided by the invigilator only. In case of PwD candidates availing the use of a scribe, assistance in attempting Part-B is not permitted, as the question is aimed to evaluate the candidate’s drawing skill.
- Part-B answer booklets will be collected at the end of the examination.
- Part-B question is mandatory.
- The entire paper (both Part-A and Part-B) must be finished within the time stipulated for each part.
|Section||Type of questions||Number of Questions||Marks if Correct||Marks if Wrong||Marks if Not Attempted||Total Marks|
|Type of Question||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
Syllabus for UCEED
The syllabus of UCEED comprises of two parts: part A and part B. The Part A of the UCEED exam syllabus comprises of the following subjects:
- Language and Creativity
- Design thinking and Problem Solving
- Environmental and Social Awareness
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning
- Visualization and Spatial Ability
- Observation and Design Sensitivity
The Part B of the UCEED exam syllabus comprises of the following subjects:
UCEED question papers with answers free download
While answering the questions in the UCEED entrance examination on your own will help improve your speed and accuracy, keeping the answers to them will also benefit you. Try solving the answers on your own, and then compare your answers with the ones in the key. By doing so, you can find out the number of questions you have been able to answer correctly. Here, you can download UCEED 2019 question paper with answers.
All About UCEED by IIT - 2022/2023 Attempt
UCEED is Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design conducted by IIT Bombay. UCEED is the entrance exam for admission to Bachelor of Design (BDes) program at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIITDM Jabalpur.
UCEED scores as also accepted for admission by:
- Anant National University, Ahmedabad
- ARCH College of Design and Business, Jaipur
- Chitkara University, Punjab
- Central Institute of Technology, Kokrajhar
- Delhi Technological University, Delhi
- Khyati School of Design, Ahmedabad
- Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, Punjab
- MIT World Peace University, Pune
- Nirma University, Ahmedabad
- Srishti Institute of Art, Design and Technology, Bengaluru
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
- U.P. Institute of Design, Noida
- Vivekananda Global University, Jaipur
- VIT University, Vellore
- World University of Design, Delhi NCR
- Aram Center for Art, Design and Environmental Studies, Coimbatore
The IITs offer a common, general BDes program. There are no specializations / disciplines available for the BDes programs. The no of seats available for each category for Bachelor of Design program at different institutes is given below:
*Note: PD reservations @ 5% (total 2 seats) will be horizontal across all categories and will consume seats from within other categories.
CRITERION 1 – AGE LIMIT:
The candidate should have been born on or after October 1, 1997 if belonging to the OPEN/EWS/OBC-NCL category and, on or after October 1, 1992 if belonging to the SC, ST or PwD category.
CRITERION 2 – UCEED QUALIFICATION:
The candidate should have qualified, i.e., obtained a rank, in UCEED 2022.
CRITERION 3 – QUALIFYING EXAMINATION:
The candidate should have passed in all five subjects in the qualifying examination (Class XII or equivalent) in 2021 or 2022. Those who appeared for the first time in their qualifying examination in 2020 or earlier are NOT eligible.
Candidates from the Science Stream with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subjects are eligible to apply to all the five participating institutes. Candidates from any other stream (Science without Mathematics or Physics or Chemistry, Commerce, and Arts & Humanities) are eligible to apply to IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi and IIT Hyderabad. For admission to BDes at IIITDM Jabalpur, only students with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology at 10+2 can apply. Students from Arts or Humanities at 10+2 are not eligible to apply for BDes admissions at IIITDM Jabalpur.
The candidates appearing for their qualifying examination (Class XII or equivalent) in 2022 should ensure that, (a) all parts of their final examination are completed by the date of application for admission, and (b) proof of having passed the qualifying examination with required eligibility is submitted by September 30, 2022 to the admitting institute.
If a qualifying Examination Board awards only letter grades without providing information on the passing grade on the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying the passing grade and upload it along with the grade sheet. In case such a certificate is not provided, the decision taken by the UCI Committee will be final.
The criteria, as specified above, is applicable “in toto” to all the applicants including foreign nationals. Applications from foreign nationals including OCI/PIO card holders are considered under the OPEN category and they are outside the ambit of reservation of seats under the EWS, OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD categories. Seats allotted to foreign nationals including OCI/PIO card holders are supernumerary with a cap of 10% of total seats in a programme.
Admission to BDes program at IITs is on the basis of the candidate’s UCEED score. Only UCEED 2020 qualified students can apply for admission to the BDes program. UCEED score will be the only selection criteria for BDes admissions at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIITDM Jabalpur.
The 4 institutes will have a common application form for admission to their respective BDes programs. The UCEED Office, IIT Bombay will process the common application form and carry out the joint seat allocation process. Key Dates are:
UCEED Exam: 17 January 2021
UCEED Result: 10 March 2021
BDes Application: March 11 to March 31, 2021
The application process is simple and has the following key steps:
- Register and apply through common IIT Bombay Admissions Portal
- Upload digital copies of relevant documents
- Pay application processing fee of Rs 2,000/-
- Submit priority order for choice of institutes
- Detailed instructions are provided within the online application portal.
The fees are revised every year just before the BDes application process starts. For general idea, these are the annual fees for admission year 2019-20:
|One time fee at Admission||10,000||20,000||15,000||7,000|
|Mess & Hostel Charges*||60,000||40,000||45,000||35,000|
- The Tuition Fees are waived off for all SC / ST category students.
- The Mess & Hostel Charges are waived off for economically backward SC / ST students.
- The question paper will consist of two parts: Part A (Objective Section) and Part B (Drawing Section)
- The question paper will be for 300 marks. Part A = 240 marks. Part B = 60 marks.
- exam will be for 3 hours. Part A = 2.5 hours. Part B = 30 mins.
- The question paper will be in English.
- Questions from both parts are compulsory.
PART-A - 240 marks | 2.5 hours
The summary of the paper structure is given below:
|Section||# Questions||Question Nos||Marks / Ques||Negative Marks||Total Marks|
|Total Part A||68||1-68||-||-||240|
PART-B - 60 marks | 30 mins
- Part-B of UCEED paper consists of one question which will test drawing skills.
- It will require subjective evaluation.
- The question in Part-B will be displayed on the computer screen and the answer has to be written/drawn in Part-B answer booklets, which will be collected at the end of the examination.
- Part-B question is mandatory for evaluation of UCEED paper.
The syllabus in each part of UCEED exam is as follows:
I. Part A (Objective Section) Part A of the UCEED exam will have questions from the following topics-
- Visualization and spatial ability: Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships, knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts.
- Observation and design sensitivity: Ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, people, situations, and events, and thinking critically about them. Applying attention to certain details, analysing, reasoning, classifying, inferring and predicting. Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
- Environmental and social awareness: General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure and environment. Awareness of social and cultural connection with design, history of the designed artefact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses. History of art, sculpture and literature.
- Analytical and logical reasoning: Ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative in nature, and discern patterns within the information. Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria. Ability to check for hidden bias or hidden assumptions and whether evidence and argument support conclusions. Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question. Data Interpretation, brainteasers, and patterns.
- Language and creativity: Ability to understand and use Standard English. Reading comprehension, knowledge of English grammar. Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
- Design thinking and problem solving: Ability to use visual analogies, metaphors, signs and symbols. Ability to understand complexity, identify the problem, generate alternatives, evaluate the options and select solutions.
SILICA Experts Note: The expected weightage of different topics of the UCEED syllabus is as follows
|1. Visualization and spatial ability||25%|
|2. Observation and design sensitivity||15%|
|3. Environmental and social awareness||10%|
|4. Analytical and logical reasoning||25%|
|5. Language and creativity||10%|
|6. Design thinking and problem solving||15%|
|Total Marks % →||100%|
II. Part B (Subjective Section): Part B of the UCEED exam will have one question which will test the candidate’s ability to draw products, people or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective, and shading.
SILICA Experts Note: The answers to these questions are assessed on the basis of:
i. The Idea or Concept: How creative, unique, interesting, sensible the idea or concept of the answer is.
ii. The Presentation: Quality of visualization, technical drawing, coloring, overall presentation.
Download the Past / Original papers for UCEED exam from the following link-
The original UCEED papers for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 are available at the above link along with expert analyses by SILICA experts.
These are the important dates in the admission process of BDes at IITs through UCEED score:
|Important Steps||BDes / GDPD|
|Start date for Online Registration||September 9, 2021|
|Last date for Online Registration with regular fee||October 10, 2021|
|Last date for Online Registration with late fee||October 17, 2021|
|Start date for Admit Card downloading||January 8, 2022 onwards|
|Last date for rectification of discrepancies in Admit Card||January 14, 2022, 05:00 pm|
|UCEED 2022||January 23, 2022 (Sunday) 09:00 am to 12:00 noon|
|Release of Draft Answer Key||Jan 25, 2022|
|Last date for uploading comments (if any) on the Draft Answer Key in the candidate’s portal||Jan 27, 2022, 05:00pm|
|Release of Final Answer Key||Jan 31, 2022|
|Announcement of cut-off marks for Part-A||Feb 10, 2022|
|Declaration of results||Mar 10, 2022|
|Start date for Score Card downloading||Mar 14, 2022|
UCEED will be conducted in the following 24 cities in India: Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Delhi, Ernakulum, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur and Visakhapatnam. There will be on international exam center in Dubai.
Note: IIT Bombay reserves the right to drop any city for conducting the exam due to poor response. Students have to select top 3 choices. If a city is dropped from the list, then the later choices are offered to the student.
A rank list is prepared based on the combined marks obtained in Part A + B of the UCEED exam. Only candidates who score the minimum prescribed marks in each section of both Part-A and Part-B and minimum total marks will be included in the rank list. The minimum prescribed marks varies with the category as shown in the table below:
|Merit List||Minimum % of marks in each Section of Part-A and Part-B||Minimum Total Marks|
|Common Rank List (CRL)||10||100|
|OBC-NCL rank list||9||90|
|SC rank list||5||50|
|ST rank list||5||50|
|PwD rank list||5||50|
SILICA Expert Notes:
- Candidates equal to about 10 times the number of seats available obtain ranks in the UCEED exam.
- Obtaining a rank in UCEED 2020 does not guarantee admission to the B. Des program. Only top 200 ranks or so obtain admission in IITs.
- However, UCEED score is considered for admission by several other Design Institutes for admission.
Part-A of the examination is a computer based test, there is no scope for review, re-grading or re-totalling of the Part-A marks of the examination paper. UCEED 2021 Question Paper and Draft Answer Key (Part-A) will be released on the UCEED website on January 25, 2021. Candidates can check the draft answer key and compare their answers to know the correct answers. Any discrepancy/comment must be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org, on or before January 31, 2021. Candidates have to mention "Comments on Answer Keys" in the subject of the mail.
The evaluation of Part-B will be done manually by two evaluators independently. If the difference in marks is less than 20%, then a simple average of the marks will be considered. If the difference in marks is greater than 20%, then the paper will be evaluated by a third evaluator. A simple average of the closest of 2 evaluators will be selected as the final marks. There is no scope for re-evaluation of the Part B of UCEED exam.
UCEED 2019 exam was conducted on 20 January, 2019. From 2015 to 2019, UCEED exam only had the Part A (Objective Section). The comparison of the weightage of different topics in Part A of the exam is as follows:
|1. Visualization and spatial ability||50%||45%||28%||45%||33%||39%|
|2. Observation and design sensitivity||15%||15.3%||12%||8%||11%||14%|
|3. Environmental and social awareness||5%||5%||9%||10%||19%||18%|
|4. Analytical and logical reasoning||25%||30%||36%||27%||31%||23%|
|5. Language and creativity||5%||5%||5%||10%||6%||9%|
|6. Design thinking and problem solving|
|Total Marks % →||100%||100%||100%||100%||100%|
The benefit of solving UCEED sample papers are as follows:
- You will be able to find out how long you take to answer questions from specific topics.
- It will help you distribute your time to answer each question so you can answer all the questions.
- This method will help in boosting your confidence.
- You can download the Past / Original papers for UCEED exam here - https://silica.co.in/uceed-sample-papers.html
- The original UCEED papers of 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 are available at the above link along with analyses by SILICA experts.
- All / CEED / UCEED
Top Design Colleges In IndiaDesign is all about perception, observation, and creativity. People who have these skills or have a keen interest in developing
- All / UCEED
How Do You Prepare for the UCEED Entrance Exam?UCEED is the acronym for Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design. It is an entrance exam that happens every year
- All / UCEED
UCEED Exam Paper Pattern / UCEED 2021 SyllabusUCEED or the Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination paves the way to admission to design courses at IITs at the undergraduate
- All / UCEED
How Can Study Materials from a Coaching Center Help Students In Their UCEED Preparation?The chances of a candidate’s success in an examination depend on their preparation for it. As far as this aspect