|UCEED Sample Papers|
|Download UCEED 2019||Download UCEED 2018|
|Download UCEED 2017||Download UCEED 2016|
|Download UCEED 2015|
UCEED Sample Paper
Call us on 08080809198 if you face a problem in downloading sample papers.
Please fill the form below.
Solving the UCEED sample papers is best way to prepare for the UCEED exam. From Silica Institute you can download all the previous UCEED question papers with answers PDF for free. Just register yourself and download all UCEED previous year question papers including 2019, 2018 etc.
UCEED 2019 Question Paper Solved
UCEED 2019 Solved Paper - Solution for Question No. 1
About SILICA UCEED Sample Papers
UCEED entrance examination, which is held every year, is a competitive exam to find out the top candidates for selection and admission to B.Des courses in the leading institutes in India. Thorough preparation is necessary on the part of students to crack the examination with panache. In the entrance examination, aspirants compete with one another directly. Securing the top rankings in the exam grants them admission to B.Des certified course.
For aspirants, UCEED question paper of yesteryears and the current year is a great tool to develop familiarity with the question pattern for the next edition of the examination. IIT Bombay makes it available for would-be examinees so they can answer the questions in the upcoming examination with confidence. Developing an idea of the difficulty level of the questions aside, it also allows aspirants to plan their strategy for better outcomes in the UCEED assessment.
It is a good idea on the part of aspirants to solve a UCEED sample paper daily. It helps them manage their time, improve their speed, and enhance their accuracy. Keeping in mind the fact that candidates get only three hours to answer the questions of distinct patterns, acquiring these skills can help them face the questions with confidence.
UCEED exam question paper is an acid test for those who want to come on top. Thus, it is important to cover all bases before taking the examination. In line with the previous versions of the examination, the next edition is all set to stage a knockout competition among the examinees. So, they are expected to prepare themselves accordingly.
One can get valuable insights into the questions UCEED 2020 from different sections by following the pattern of questions in UCEED question paper 2019. You can download the sample papers of UCEED 2019 from the links given in the article.
The process to download the UCEED question papers/sample papers from the website is simple and easy. All you need to do is click on the links in the article. After downloading the previous years’ sample papers of UCEED examination, candidates are recommended to solve the questions daily. This is the sure-fire way to qualify for selection at the time of the declaration of allotment of seats.
Why solve UCEED sample papers/model papers before taking UCEED examination?
As an aspirant of B. Des degree course in one of the reputed institutes in India - IIT Bombay, IITDM Jabalpur or IIT Guwahati - you are bound to ask this question. To begin with, it is one of the proven strategies for success in the examination. By initiating this smart move, you can benefit in the following three ways:
- You can maximize and adjust your speed to solve numerical answers so you can answer all the questions within the allotted duration of three hours.
- You can improve your accuracy of answering the questions, thereby reducing the chances of getting marked down due to negative marking.
- You will learn how to better utilize your time for answering each question so you do not miss out on answering any of the questions.
To reap the aforementioned benefits, every aspirant of B.Des course should make a point of practising the questions of previous UCEED examination papers without fail. This can prove to be a game-changer for them at the time of the publication of seat allotment results.
UCEED Question Paper Pattern 2021
Before we discuss the pattern of questions in the UCEED question paper for the next year, you must know a few basic things. Given below are some of the important highlights of the question paper for the examination.
- Candidates will need to solve all the questions in the question paper in three hours.
- All the questions in the paper will be in English.
- The candidates will need to input the answers on a computer screen.
- The total number of marks for the examination will be 300.
- All questions will be divided into three sections: section A, B, and C.
This section will involve numerical answer type (NAT) questions. Students will get a virtual keyboard using which, they will need to input the answers to the numerical questions on a computer screen. For each correct answer, an examinee will get four marks. No mark will be deducted for any incorrect answer.
This section will have multiple select questions (MSQs). Each question from this section will have four choices. Depending on the questions, candidates will need to choose either one or multiple correct answers. There will be no negative marking for any incorrect answer and each correct answer will carry four marks.
All questions of this section will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). There will be four choices for each question out of which, candidates will need to choose the right answer. For each correct answer, they will get three marks, whereas one mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer. Given the possibility of receiving negative marking for incorrect answers, students need to be careful while choosing the answers to the questions from this section.
Syllabus for UCEED
The question pattern for UCEED 2021 will be as follows:
- Visualization and Spatial Ability
- Observation and Design Sensitivity
- Analytical and logical reasoning
- Design thinking and problem solving
- Language and Creativity
- Environmental and Social Awareness
UCEED question papers with answers free download
While answering the questions in the UCEED entrance examination on your own will help improve your speed and accuracy, keeping the answers to them will also benefit you. Try solving the answers on your own, and then compare your answers with the ones in the key. By doing so, you can find out the number of questions you have been able to answer correctly. Here, you can download UCEED 2019 question paper with answers.
All About UCEED by IIT - 2021 Attempt
UCEED is Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design conducted by IIT Bombay. UCEED is the entrance exam for admission to Bachelor of Design (BDes) program at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIITDM Jabalpur.
UCEED scores as also accepted for admission by:
- Anant National University, Ahmedabad
- ARCH College of Design and Business, Jaipur
- Chitkara University, Punjab
- Central Institute of Technology, Kokrajhar
- Delhi Technological University, Delhi
- Khyati School of Design, Ahmedabad
- Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, Punjab
- MIT World Peace University, Pune
- Nirma University, Ahmedabad
- Srishti Institute of Art, Design and Technology, Bengaluru
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
- U.P. Institute of Design, Noida
- Vivekananda Global University, Jaipur
- VIT University, Vellore
- World University of Design, Delhi NCR
- Aram Center for Art, Design and Environmental Studies, Coimbatore
The IITs offer a common, general BDes program. There are no specializations / disciplines available for the BDes programs. The no of seats available for each category for Bachelor of Design program at different institutes is given below:
*Note: PD reservations @ 5% (total 2 seats) will be horizontal across all categories and will consume seats from within other categories.
CRITERION 1 – AGE LIMIT:
The candidate should have been born on or after October 1, 1995 if belonging to the OPEN or OBC-NCL category and, on or after October 1, 1990 if belonging to the SC, ST or PwD category.
CRITERION 2 – UCEED QUALIFICATION:
The candidate should have qualified, i.e., obtained a rank in UCEED 2020.
CRITERION 3 – QUALIFYING EXAMINATION:
The candidate should have passed the qualifying examination (Class XII or equivalent) in 2019 or appearing in 2020. Those who appeared for the first time in their qualifying examination in 2018 or earlier are NOT eligible. Consequently, a candidate can appear for UCEED exam a maximum of 2 times and that too in consecutive years.
Note: Candidates from the Science Stream with Physics, Chemistry and Maths as subjects are eligible to apply to all the four institutes. Candidates from any other stream (Science without Maths or Physics or Chemistry, Commerce, and Arts & Humanities) are eligible to apply to only IIT Bombay, IIT Hyderabad and IIITDM Jabalpur, not IIT Guwahati.
Admission to BDes program at IITs is on the basis of the candidate’s UCEED score. Only UCEED 2020 qualified students can apply for admission to the BDes program. UCEED score will be the only selection criteria for BDes admissions at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIITDM Jabalpur.
The 4 institutes will have a common application form for admission to their respective BDes programs. The UCEED Office, IIT Bombay will process the common application form and carry out the joint seat allocation process. Key Dates are:
UCEED Exam: 18 January 2020
UCEED Result: 13 March 2020
BDes Application: 6 June 2020
The application process is simple and has the following key steps:
- Register and apply through common IIT Bombay Admissions Portal
- Upload digital copies of relevant documents
- Pay application processing fee of Rs 2,000/-
- Submit priority order for choice of institutes
- Detailed instructions are provided within the online application portal.
The fees are revised every year just before the BDes application process starts. For general idea, these are the annual fees for admission year 2019-20:
|One time fee at Admission||10,000||20,000||15,000||7,000|
|Mess & Hostel Charges*||60,000||40,000||45,000||35,000|
- The Tuition Fees are waived off for all SC / ST category students.
- The Mess & Hostel Charges are waived off for economically backward SC / ST students.
- The question paper will consist of two parts: Part A (Objective Section) and Part B (Drawing Section)
- The question paper will be for 300 marks. Part A = 240 marks. Part B = 60 marks.
- exam will be for 3 hours. Part A = 2.5 hours. Part B = 30 mins.
- The question paper will be in English.
- Questions from both parts are compulsory.
PART-A - 240 marks | 2.5 hours
The summary of the paper structure is given below:
|Section||# Questions||Question Nos||Marks / Ques||Negative Marks||Total Marks|
|Total Part A||68||1-68||-||-||240|
PART-B - 60 marks | 30 mins
- Part-B of UCEED paper consists of one question which will test drawing skills.
- It will require subjective evaluation.
- The question in Part-B will be displayed on the computer screen and the answer has to be written/drawn in Part-B answer booklets, which will be collected at the end of the examination.
- Part-B question is mandatory for evaluation of UCEED paper.
The syllabus in each part of UCEED exam is as follows:
I. Part A (Objective Section) Part A of the UCEED exam will have questions from the following topics-
- Visualization and spatial ability: Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships, knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts.
- Observation and design sensitivity: Ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, people, situations, and events, and thinking critically about them. Applying attention to certain details, analysing, reasoning, classifying, inferring and predicting. Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
- Environmental and social awareness: General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure and environment. Awareness of social and cultural connection with design, history of the designed artefact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses. History of art, sculpture and literature.
- Analytical and logical reasoning: Ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative in nature, and discern patterns within the information. Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria. Ability to check for hidden bias or hidden assumptions and whether evidence and argument support conclusions. Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question. Data Interpretation, brainteasers, and patterns.
- Language and creativity: Ability to understand and use Standard English. Reading comprehension, knowledge of English grammar. Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
- Design thinking and problem solving: Ability to use visual analogies, metaphors, signs and symbols. Ability to understand complexity, identify the problem, generate alternatives, evaluate the options and select solutions.
SILICA Experts Note: The expected weightage of different topics of the UCEED syllabus is as follows
|1. Visualization and spatial ability||25%|
|2. Observation and design sensitivity||15%|
|3. Environmental and social awareness||10%|
|4. Analytical and logical reasoning||25%|
|5. Language and creativity||10%|
|6. Design thinking and problem solving||15%|
|Total Marks % →||100%|
II. Part B (Subjective Section): Part B of the UCEED exam will have one question which will test the candidate’s ability to draw products, people or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective, and shading.
SILICA Experts Note: The answers to these questions are assessed on the basis of:
i. The Idea or Concept: How creative, unique, interesting, sensible the idea or concept of the answer is.
ii. The Presentation: Quality of visualization, technical drawing, coloring, overall presentation.
Download the Past / Original papers for UCEED exam from the following link-
The original UCEED papers for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 are available at the above link along with expert analyses by SILICA experts.
These are the important dates in the admission process of BDes at IITs through UCEED score:
|Important Steps||BDes / GDPD|
|Online Application Form available||9 October 2019|
|Last date of Online Application||9 October 2019|
|UCEED Exam||18 January 2020|
|Release of Final Answer Key for Part A||4 February 2020|
|Declaration of UCEED result||13 March 2020|
|Application of BDes program||8 to 30 June 2020|
|Seat allotment rounds||4 to 11 July 2020|
|Commencement of academic year||15 July 2020|
UCEED will be conducted in the following 24 cities in India: Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Delhi, Ernakulum, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur and Visakhapatnam. There will be on international exam center in Dubai.
Note: IIT Bombay reserves the right to drop any city for conducting the exam due to poor response. Students have to select top 3 choices. If a city is dropped from the list, then the later choices are offered to the student.
A rank list is prepared based on the combined marks obtained in Part A + B of the UCEED exam. Only candidates who score the minimum prescribed marks in each section of both Part-A and Part-B and minimum total marks will be included in the rank list. The minimum prescribed marks varies with the category as shown in the table below:
|Merit List||Minimum % of marks in each Section of Part-A and Part-B||Minimum Total Marks|
|Common Rank List (CRL)||10||100|
|OBC-NCL rank list||9||90|
|SC rank list||5||50|
|ST rank list||5||50|
|PwD rank list||5||50|
SILICA Expert Notes:
- Candidates equal to about 10 times the number of seats available obtain ranks in the UCEED exam.
- Obtaining a rank in UCEED 2020 does not guarantee admission to the B. Des program. Only top 200 ranks or so obtain admission in IITs.
- However, UCEED score is considered for admission by several other Design Institutes for admission.
Part-A of the examination is a computer based test, there is no scope for review, re-grading or re-totalling of the Part-A marks of the examination paper. UCEED 2020 Question Paper and Draft Answer Key (Part-A) will be released on the UCEED website on January 25, 2020. Candidates can check the draft answer key and compare their answers to know the correct answers. Any discrepancy/comment must be addressed to email@example.com, on or before January 31, 2020. Candidates have to mention "Comments on Answer Keys" in the subject of the mail.
The evaluation of Part-B will be done manually by two evaluators independently. If the difference in marks is less than 20%, then a simple average of the marks will be considered. If the difference in marks is greater than 20%, then the paper will be evaluated by a third evaluator. A simple average of the closest of 2 evaluators will be selected as the final marks. There is no scope for re-evaluation of the Part B of UCEED exam.
UCEED 2019 exam was conducted on 20 January, 2019. From 2015 to 2019, UCEED exam only had the Part A (Objective Section). The comparison of the weightage of different topics in Part A of the exam is as follows:
|1. Visualization and spatial ability||47.7%||20%||45.3%||33%||39%|
|2. Observation and design sensitivity||15.3%||12%||8.3%||11.3%||14%|
|3. Environmental and social awareness||5.3%||18.7%||10%||19%||18%|
|4. Analytical and logical reasoning||31.7%||36%||27.3%||31.3%||23%|
|5. Language and creativity||6%||5.3%||9%||13.3%||0%|
|6. Design thinking and problem solving|
|Total Marks % →||100%||100%||100%||100%||100%|
- All / UCEED
Choose the Best Weekly Preparation Strategy & Tips for UCEED AspirantsPrecisely, 7 weeks are left for the exam day. UCEED is one of the most popular entrance exams among the
- All / UCEED
Succeed in UCEED 2020 with Silica’s Best Exam Preparation PlanUCEED exam is set to be conducted on Saturday, 18 January 2020. The day when you can either make it
- All / CEED /UCEED
The Complete Design Career Guide for Indian Students in 2020Dr. Shashi Tharoor spoke on the importance of design and why it should be given primary importance in the growing
- All / CEED / UCEED
Do You Really Need Coaching To Clear The UCEED Exam?UCEED or Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design is one of the popular design entrance exams in India to get