NIFT Coaching Classes in Mumbai
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) is the premier fashion institute in India, which was set up in 1986 under the tutelage of Ministry of Textiles, Government of India. For over the last 30 years, it has excelled in offering four-year bachelors and two-year master program in Design, Technology for international fashion business, and Management with a total of 2800 seats in all the programs.
NIFT was approved of a statutory status in the year 2006, bestowing it with the power to award academic distinctions and degrees.
- Campuses of NIFT: The head office of NIFT is in New Delhi, and there are a total of 16 campuses across India. These centres are located in Mumbai, Gandhinagar, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Kangra, Raebareli, Chennai, Shillong, Patna, Bhubaneswar, Srinagar, Bangalore, Kannur, Jodhpur, and Bhopal. A new 17th NIFT centre has been announced to be established in Panchkula, Haryana.
- NIFT Programs and Examinations: To get admission in B.Des (Bachelor of Design) and M.Des (Master of Design) programmes, students have to take two written admission tests: CAT (Creative Ability Test) and GAT (General Ability Test).
- To get admission in technology and management programs such as B.F.Tech (Bachelor of Fashion Technology), M.F.Tech (Master of Fashion Technology), and M.F.M (Master of Fashion Management), the aspirants must qualify for the national level entrance examination.
Silica is one of the institutions that offers coaching classes to students for NIFT entrance exam, and has seen thousands of students join NIFT successfully since 2015. We maintain a clear record of all the students, including successful candidates and publish result of achievers every year. We even have NIFT selected students come over at our coaching institute for an interactive session so that other aspirants can take inspiration from them.
NIFT Coaching in Mumbai
NIFT is one of the most distinguished fashion institutes in India. Every aspiring student of fashion design has NIFT as his/her first choice. NIFT has a dedicated 16 centres across the country, and Silica has the best NIFT coaching in Mumbai spread across 9 localities: Borivali, Andheri, Dadar, Charni Road, Ghatkopar, Mulund, Thane, Kalyan, and Vashi. So students from the Western, Central, and Harbour line in Mumbai can choose to take admission at any of the branches herein.
- We have hundreds and thousands of students taking interest in Silica every year and thus, one of the leading NIFT coaching classes in Mumbai with highest selection rate in NIFT.
- Right from NIFT entrance exam preparations in Mumbai, we also give chance to meritorious students to benefit from our scholarship programs.
- Our institution believes in every student’s capacity and treats each with equal respect and supports their dreams in ways possible.
- Students can expect to be counselled in their career choices for fashion design, so that they can tap their talent the right way and select a course and specialization that is suited for their interest.
- Aspiring students can simply come to any of our Mumbai centres and attend the demo class by taking an appointment beforehand and experience our top-notch teaching techniques, faculty, and take a brief about the vast course materials we have to offer.
We provide complete training for NIFT entrance exam in Mumbai and have experts from different fields of fashion design to help students get a hands-on experience and understanding in depth of every subject. Not restricting education within the four walls, we also conduct specialize annual fashion shows, events, hunt for budding designers, interior design shows, and a lot more.
Silica is one of the best design coaching institutes in India for all those who have a creative spark in them. We offer a comprehensive learning for NIFT, and this is why 31 students from our institution were among the top 100 in NIFT results, 2018. And since 2015, more than 1210 students have been selected in NIFT. Not to mention, our students also have a 200% higher selection rate at NIFT than average, which leverages the position of every person who attends our coaching classes.
90% of our students get selected in top design colleges and get placed in top companies from different industries. We conduct design school visits, panel discussions, student exhibitions, seminars, master-classes, interaction with past toppers, and a lot more. All these activities make students better individuals and designers than their counterparts, and keep them ahead of the race in the design industry.
The success of our institution can be attributed to the following factors:
- Academic Framework: We believe in a strong academic framework which includes regular class work, class test, homework, portfolio, and opportunities for students to explore and experiment.
- Small Batch Size: We have a small batch size so that every student gets sufficient attention. 80% of our batches have less than 20 students.
- Study Books: We provide effective study books for mathematics, design and drawing, general aptitude test, homework, class tests, studio test, etc.
- Extensive Network of Branches: We have institution branch not only in Mumbai but all across India, so the students can get ideal coaching even if they shift locations.
- Direct Mentoring: Silica bestows students with design mentoring from experts. We have top faculty who is best in the industry.
- Learning across Different Channels: We conduct collaborative learning and online learning spanning practice questions and videos. We also provide a class-apart guidance and counselling to all the students before and after the course.
Our Top Ranking Students
All India Rank 1, B.Des 2018
"I was a struggling student but SILICA’s home coaching kits turned out to be a blessing. I was clueless about how to go about preparing for NIFT Situation Test but SILICA’s kit
The kit is well equipped and perfect for NIFT preparation."
All India Rank 1, M.Des 2017
"Hi fellow struggling designers! I'm Maithili Joshi, and I've been training with Silica Pune for the past two years. I am happy to share that I received an AIR 1 for NIFT and also cleared Srishti
(Bangalore), MITID (Pune) and ISDI ( Mumbai). My journey with Silica has been a remarkable one. The vigorous training our faculty put us through the years sure gave us all successful outcomes."
All India Rank 6, B.Des 2014
"At first let me share Tanushka's results with you . She cleared MIT, Srishti ,DJAD and NIFT exams . She secured All India Rank 6 at NIFT . I would like to thank your team
at Silica for the guidance given for preparing for the Design Entrance Exams . The orientation program conducted by Silica at the beginning of the year gave an insight into the approach needed to attempt the entrance exams of various colleges The practice tests conducted by silica towards the end of the classes also helped a lot, in terms of exposure to different kinds of paper patterns and questions . The worshops conducted for phase 2 of entrance exams were a great guidance and confidence builders Its without any doubt that the performance of the individual matters finally , but Team Silica did a great job in guiding the students wherever and whenever needed ,that sharpens their creative thinking and builds confidence."
All India Rank 4, M.Des 2013
"Silica classes have really helped me explore my creative abilities. With the right guidance,infrastructure,various seminars and workshops, Silica built in me the confidence I
needed, to secure a rank 4 in the NIFT examination. Moreover, the practice tests and home preparation videos for the Phase 2 of NIFT were extremely helpful. Learning at Silica has been a great experience and has earned me a spot at the National Institute of Fashion Technology. I'd like to thank the entire faculty at Silica for their constant support."
FAQ's on NIFT
Which programs are offered by the NIFT?
NIFT offers programs in Technology and Management, Fashion Design, at 16 campuses in India.
- It offers B.Des and B.F.Tech under Bachelors program (4 years).
- In B.Des program there are 6 different specializations i.e. Accessory, Apparel, Communication, Textile, Leather and Knitwear Design.
- It offers M.Des (Design Space), M.F. Tech, and M.F. Management under Masters program (2 years).
What are the eligibility criteria for different programs?
Eligibility criteria for NIFT programs are given below:
- B.Des Programs: The applicant must be appearing for or passed the 10+2 exam from a recognized board or 10+3 or 10+4 diploma in engineering (any branch) recognized by the State Technical Board or AICTE.
- B.F. Tech Program: The applicant must be appearing for or passed the 10+2 exam with Physics, Maths, and Chemistry as subjects from a recognized board or 10+3 or 10+4 diploma in engineering (any branch) recognized by the State Technical Board or AICTE.
Note: Maximum eligible age is 23 years as on October 1 of the previous year, for both the Bachelors programs.
- M.Des/M.F.M Program: The applicant must have passed or appearing for the final semester of Bachelor Degree from a University/Institute recognized by the Indian law or Diploma of at least 3 years duration in Undergraduate Design from NIFT/NID. There is no age limit.
- M.F.Tech Program: The applicant must have passed or appearing for the final semester of B.F.Tech from NIFT or a B.Tech/B.E. from a University/institute recognized by the law in India. There is no age limit.
What are the dates for NIFT 2019 admission process?
Before taking NIFT coaching in Mumbai, do not forget to check the important dates for NIFT 2019 admission process as given below:
- Online application form available from 22 Oct 2018.
- Online application last date on 28 Dec 2018.
- CAT/GAT written examination on 20 Jan 2019.
- Results for written exam in Feb/Mar 2019.
- B.Des. Situation tests in April 2019.
- Personal interview and group discussion for M. Des, M.F.M, and M.F.Tech in May 2019.
- Final results in May/June 2019.
- Counselling for seat allocation from June onwards.
Which locations are selected to conduct the NIFT examinations?
The written exam (CAT/GAT) for NIFT will be held in 32 cities of India: Bhopal, Chandigarh, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Bengaluru, Bhubaneshwar, Cochin, Dehradun, Coimbatore, Delhi, Hyderabad, Jodhpur, Jammu, Jaipur, Guwahati, Kannur, Kolkata, Kangra, Madurai, Lucknow, Nagpur, Mumbai, Pune, Patna, Surat, Raipur, Udaipur, Ranchi, Vishakhapatnam, Vadodra, Srinagar, and Shillong.
The GDPI and Situation Tests are held in different campuses of NIFT. Our NIFT coaching classes in Mumbai will make sure to provide students with sufficient inputs and support to excel in the examinations.
What kind of questions will be asked for Situation Test 2019?
A variety of questions can be asked in Situation Test. The student will be asked to make mementos, models of accessories, models for social causes, abstract installations, etc. On our website, you can find the latest Situation test realted NIFT sample paper and NIFT question paper for 2018 and that of before.
What is the pattern for NIFT Situation Test?
NIFT Situation Test is for the admission to B.Des program. You can find the NIFT entrance exam sample papers for the same on our website. Here is a glimpse at the pattern of the test.
- Shortlisted candidates who had written the CAT and GAR papers need to take a Situation Test in April 2019.
- This is a hands-on test that evaluates the candidate’s innovative ability for a given situation with a provided set of material. Thus, the test also analyzes the material handling skill of the candidate.
- The model is judged on the basis of space visualization, creative use of provided material, colour scheme, composition of elements, and finesse of model, construction skill, and its overall presentation.
- These parameters will be then checked with the concept explained in a write-up for the constructed model. The language for the write-up must be English.
What is the pattern of entrance exam NIFT and weightage for different parts of the examination?
The admission of applicant to NIFT’s programs is according to passing the different tests in entrance exam and eligibility criteria. CAT and GAT are written tests, whereas GDPI and Situation Test are practical tests. You can find ample support for NIFT entrance exam in Mumbai and other related tests at our institution. Below we have provided weightage assigned to every test:
- For B.Des test type CAT (Creative Ability Test), the weightage is 50%. Test time is in January and the test duration is for 3 hours.
- For B.Des test type GAT (General Ability Test), the weightage is 30%. Test time is in January and test duration is for 2 hours.
- For B.Des Situation Test, weightage is 20%. Test time is in April and test duration is for 2 hours.
- For B.F.Tech test type GAT, the weightage is 100%. Test time is in January and test duration is 3 hours.
- For M.Des test type CAT, weightage is 40%. Test time is January and test duration is 3 hours.
- For M.Des GAT, weightage is 30%. Test time is January and test duration is 2 hours.
- For M.Des Personal interview/GD, weightage is 30% and test time is in May.
- For M.F.Tech/M.F.M, test time is January, test duration is 3 hours, and weightage is 70%. Weightage for GD/personal interview is 30% and test time is in May.
What is the reservation of seats available?
In accordance with rules of Government of India, citizens get reservation of seats on the basis of following categories:
- General seats reservation is 50.5%.
- SC seat reservation is 15%.
- OBC-NC seat reservation is 27%.
- ST seat reservation is 7.5%.
We at Silica offer NIFT entrance exam preparations in Mumbai to students from all the above-categories with no room for discrimination.
SILICA Institute - Your Design Career Guide - NID, NIFT, NATA, CEED Coaching Classes in Mumbai
Address: Madhaveshwar CHS, 1st Floor, Flat no. 8, Above Bootmaker, S V Road, Next to Andheri (W) Bus Depot. Mumbai 4000 58.
Hours Open: Closes 8PM
Address: 310, Sai Infotech, Station Road, Near Railway Station, Ghatkopar East Mumbai-4000 77
Hours Open: Closes 8PM
Address: 101, 1st Floor, Anmol Society, French Bridge, Opera House, Mumbai 4000 07.
Hours Open: Closes 8PM
Address: 601, Parmeshwari Plaza, Above HDFC Bank, N.S. Road, Near Mulund West Station
Hours Open: Closes 8PM
Phone: (+91) 9819646072
Address: 701, 7th Flr., Realtech Park, Plot No. 39/2, Above LG Showroom, Sector 30A, Vashi, Navi Mumbai.
Hours Open Closes 8PM
Address: 304 & 305 V Star Plaza, Beside Saraswat Bank, Opp: Raj Mahal Hotel, Chandavarkar Lane, Borivali West, Mumbai
Hours Open: Closes 8PM
Address: A1, Madhav Commercial Complex, Station Road, Opp Archies Society, Kalyan (W) - 4213 01.
Hours Open: Closes 8PM
Address: Jaishree Apts., 3rd Flr., Opp. Alok Restaurant, Gokhale Road.
Hours Open: Closes 8PM