SILICA's Home Coaching Kit contains:
- Covers Studio Test, Interview & Portfolio Preparation
- Prepared by NID / IIT Alumni
- 30+ Video Lessons
- 140+ Studio Test Exercises
- 20+ Materials for Real Studio Test Experience
- MDES: Workbook for 19 NID Disciplines
- Cash on Delivery available.
SILICA's Crash Course highlights:
- Conducted by NID Alumni
- Solve 10 Past years Studio Test Papers in class
- FREE Home coaching kit along with the course
- Starts from April 2019 at SILICA Centers
- MDES: Coaching for 19 NID Disciplines
20 Centers across Mumbai | Pune | Bangalore | Indore | Nagpur | Aurangabad | Nashik | Kanpur
FREE NID Mains Workshop for BDes & MDes
Come 1 day before NID Mains exam and attend workshop next to NID Campus at Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar & Bangalore.
Please fill the form below.
Enquiry Now for 10 Days NID Mains Crash Course
"I am really thankful to SILICA team for the support and guidance provided during my preparation for
the NID entrance exam. The Foundation course got my basics right. The LMS told me what to prepare.
The studio test practice was the best part of the course."
NID 2018 - AIR 1
"My journey at SILICA has been a memorable one. I have learned a lot from everyone in SILICA. My amazing teachers, caring staff members and fellow students, everyone has helped me to get the best out of myself. I thank all the people at SILICA for my success as they are my fuel to keep me working and helping me to achieve more"
NID 2018 - AIR 3
My journey to NID started three years back when I joined Silica. Here, I learned to express my Ideas and build on them creatively. I especially liked the Materials Course as I was able to discover so much about so many materials and techniques. Also, the DAT mock tests helped me manage time efficiently. NID for me, was a dream and I'm glad its become a reality.
NID 2016 - AIR 1
"Everything was going smooth enough but suddenly we met with an problem that NID has changed its DAT pattern. But SILICA was always one step ahead. Within a short span of time SILICA moulded us within the new pattern and now we were confident enough. ... I would like to suggest to all my dear friends who are preparing for NID, that don’t try to miss even a single lecture, try to complete all your homeworks on time and work hard for it."
- The DAT Mains will be for about 3 hours and 100 marks.
- The DAT prelims score carries 80% weightage in final score. For MDes, the split is Studio Test (50%) and Interview (30%).
- The DAT Mains for M.Des. consists of two parts:
- Studio Test: This may consist of tests in different formats such as drawing / sketching, hands-on model making, group discussions, observation tests, problem solving tests etc.
- Interviews: The interviews will be conducted separately for each discipline, immediately after the Studio Test, at the same centre. This will be an opportunity for the students present their design portfolio to the jury.
- Click on link for NID Mains Sample Papers.
Past cut offs for NID DAT BDes (Mains)were as follows:
The cut offs for NID DAT MDes (Mains) are different for each discipline and ranges 55 to 75.
The cut off for NID DAT Mains in 2018 is as follows-
BDes / GDPD:
|Program & Campus||Open||OBC-NCL||SC||ST||PH|
|BDes at Ahmedabad||60.85||55.87||53.50||51.40||50.25|
|GDPD at Kurukshetra||55.70||51.00||49.35||47.55||45.55|
|GDPD at Vijayawada||57.24||52.15||50.47||47.85||46.70|
|Program & Campus||Open||OBC-NCL||SC||ST||PH|
|Animation Film Design||62.82||57.15||NE||61.65||48.50|
|Ceramic & Glass Design||55.23||51.00||47.38||50.75||NE|
|Design for Retail Experience||62.23||56.15||54.50||55.45||NA|
|Digital Game Design||63.58||57.88||55.93||54.35||NA|
|Film & Video Communication||60.03||54.45||52.45||NE||NE|
|Lifestyle Accessory Design||61.70||56.18||51.85||54.10||NA|
|New Media Design||54.90||52.18||48.43||47.10||NA|
|Strategic Design Management||58.55||56.20||53.68||55.40||47.50|
|Toy & Game Design||59.00||53.95||55.75||NE||NA|
|Transportation & Automobile Design||66.58||61.95||58.70||NE||59.90|
Phase 2: DAT (Mains)
On the basis of the DAT Prelims score, candidates are shortlisted and called for DAT Mains. The DAT Mains for this programme consists of two parts:
- Studio Test: This may consist of tests in different formats such as drawing / sketching, hands-on model making, group discussions, presentations etc. This test will be marked out of 100 marks and will be conducted in English. The DAT Mains for NID MDes will include questions relating to the design discipline applied for by the candidate.
- Interviews (only for MDes): The interviews will be conducted separately for each discipline, immediately after the Studio Test, at the same centre. The candidates may be asked to present their design portfolio as part of the interview.
Note 1- The weightage of each test in the NID Mains is decided every year by the NID Admission Cell, but is generally Studio Test (70%) and Interview (30%).
- NID B.Des. / GDPD Studio Test - The questions will be common / similar for all.
- NID M.Des. Studio Test - The questions will be design discipline specific.
- The following table shows a list of topics and questions, which can be asked in the Studio Test:
|#||Type of Question||Sample Question|
|1||Doodling & Drawing||Observe the car parked outside and sketch it from 2 different angles.|
|2||Observation Tests||Questions which will test your observation through the 5 senses: Sight, Hearing, Touch, Smell, Taste. E.g. List down all the ingredients that made up the breakfast you had this morning.|
|3||3D Model Making||Use the given clay and thin wire to create a 3D model of your favorite cartoon or animation character.|
|4||Problem Solving||More Applicable to M.Des. E.g. Automobile Design: Design the dashboard of concept motorbike by Honda. Please explain your concept through notes and sketches. Please show final rendering of the dashboard of the motorbike.|
|5||Group Discussions||In a group of 10 candidates, have a group discussion on the following statement. Discuss either For or Against the statement. “Do quarrels strengthen relationships?”|
|6||Other Tests (Skits etc)||In a group of 5 candidates, prepare a 3 minute skit on the following topic:“Incredible India!”|
The NID distance learning course is a well-refined content to prepare for the NID entrance exam. This home coaching kit has been developed keeping in mind the best possible solution for your NID 2019 exams. It covers studio test, interview & portfolio preparation. The module has been prepared by NID / IIT Alumni. The NID kit has the perfect learning examples as per the NID exam pattern. The National Institute of Design has been one of the top institutes to aim for your design career. The NID exam pattern has been thoroughly researched by our experts and they have come with the best possible solution for students to crack them. In order to get the desired NID result, students have to understand and learn the content of this kit. So that they can pass out with flying colors. Silica aims at giving every student the best of their shot to clear the exams with the desired result.