Class 10th is a stepping stone toward a successful career. So choosing the right career option will pivot a student’s career into a flourishing life. Having said that, choosing the right career after 10th itself is a strenuous task for students. Considering the significance of opting for the right career at the right time, most students pursue guidance from people. This leads them to nothing but vague and wrong advice leading to future dismay.
So what’s the solution for this?
A career counsellor is trained in assisting students to solve their career problems. They estimate a correct career path through assessment tests that analyse their key interests, skills, and abilities. Thus giving them a clear career perspective for their successful career life.
Renowned German scientist, Albert Einstein once said, “Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, the fish will spend the rest of its life thinking that it is quite stupid. The fish’s best ability is to swim in the water.”
A professional counsellor aids students to realise their true potential leading them towards the right career path depending on their interests, ability and skills.
Counselling is proffered for 3 different areas including:-
Creativity is something that needs to be cultivated in the right way to flourish. A counsellor with his vast knowledge and skillset guides and helps students make decisions. Students having creativity are routed to various creative career paths including:-
- Fashion design
- Graphic design
- User experience (UX) designer
- User interface (UI) designer
- Multimedia artist & animator
- Art director
- Film and Video Editing
For eg: let’s talk about fashion design
Fashion designing is one of the most sought-after careers in the world. Fashion designing, as a demanding and competitive field, requires designers to think out of the box, study varied cultures and understand cloth structure and material in detail.
Some of the features fashion design offers you are:
- Maximum possible satisfaction because it lets you think out of the box
- Create your brand from zero and become your boss
- Creativity makes you enjoy your work instead of normal tedious work
- A huge margin on almost every product.
- As your brand flourishes, it will give you fame
- As your brand awareness happens across the globe, You will have a lot of opportunities to travel around the globe
- Most people feel fashion designer is fame and no work after a certain time. So wake up and smell the coffee. You have to face all kinds of work arriving in a single workplace.
- Most successful fashion designers get an opportunity to rub shoulders with famous people
Counsellors help the students by making them aware of the pros and cons of professions, along with how to pursue them. They also provide contingency plans that will help the students in taking the correct course of action. Below we have mentioned some theoretical subjects::
For Eg. Human Psychology is a science of mind and body and to master it you need years of experience and knowledge.
Eligibility for UG Psychology courses:
- Candidates should have appeared or passed the Class 12 Board exam or equivalent education from the state/national education board in India.
- Applicants should secure a minimum 50 per cent aggregate in Class 12
- Candidates from all streams i.e. Arts, Science or Commerce are eligible for admission to Psychology courses.
- Different colleges/Institutes for psychology courses may have their own set of eligibility criteria.
Students that are more inclined to tinkering with electronics and have the nack to disassemble and assemble technology can go to the technical field. A counsellor with a vast ocean of knowledge and experience in the field can help students identify the skills paving their path toward a successful career path. They will make students aware and guide them in choosing careers such as architecture, civil engineering, etc.
For example, let’s take Architecture.
Architecture is a creative work for those who aren’t afraid of buildings, history and creativity. Additionally, architects get to design buildings, offices, and houses whilst meeting people from different walks of life. It is a humbling experience for architects to work with varied kinds of people of different cases, creeds, religions, professions, statuses, and countries allowing them the exposure they need to grow professionally and personally.
What is the differential aptitude test?
An aptitude test is taken to learn and discover the potential careers you can excel in. Nowadays free aptitude tests are available on every platform. The primary goal of assessment is to uncover your personality, values, skills, motivations, and preferences, and match them with the most fitting professional fields and career paths for you.
- Career Fitter
- Career Hunter
- MAPP (The Motivational Appraisal Personal Potential)
What are the different career options?
Did you know there are 12,000 career options or professions globally and you can choose anything you best fit for? All students need to do is get the right guidance for future job opportunities and plan their career paths systematically. With the growing world, the requirements of different professions have also grown exponentially.
Career options have changed invariably with coming technology. Some of the old models have been dissipated paving the way for a new model of education. Some of the new career options are:-
- Artificial intelligence management
- Future robotics
- Automated interior
- Digital Marketing
- Cyber Security
- Data Science
- Artificial intelligence
- Deep Learning
- Social Media
For eg: Social Media Manager:
A Social Media Manager is responsible for overseeing a company’s interactions with the public by implementing social media platforms’ content strategies. Their duties include analysing engagement data, identifying trends in customer interactions and planning digital campaigns to build community online.
New Career Streams
Apart from the above, the following have a strong possibility of opening up in the future such as artificial intelligence management, future robotics, machining, automated interior, etc.
How will Silica help you in this?
Silica, with its 18 years of experience and comprehensive coaching, assists students in making the best career decisions of their life. Along our 18-year-long journey, our students have been placed in premier institutions such as IIT-IDC, NID, NIFT, CEPT, SPA, UID, MIT, SRISHTI, and ISDI, Pearl Academy, and J.J. College of Architecture and Art, Rachana Sansad, and others.
- Firstly, we check your skills and passion for different design career streams through career guidance and aptitude test.
- On the basis of your scores, we provide top faculties, online apps, study materials, weekly tests, etc.
- We provide personal guidance for admission and college decisions after the course duration.
This brings students the clarity to select a correct future course.