Register now for Career Guidance
NATA Mock Test 2020
The Council of Architecture (CoA) supervises and conducts the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) each year to shortlist candidates for admission in B.Archprogramme. The latter involves undergraduate courses for acquiring a bachelors degree in architecture upon the successful completion of a five-year degree course.
The aptitude test puts the observational, imaginative and perception skills of candidates to an acid test. It also provides the benchmark for assessing the communication skills and creativity of those who aspire to carve out a successful career in the field of architecture. All these skills go hand in hand for the evaluation of the all-round abilities of candidates. Together, these also indicate how suitable a candidate is for admission in one of the courses under the architectural discipline.
Candidates need to perform satisfactorily in two aspects to clear the examination. These include the objects and texture related to the built environment and architecture.
NATA mock test plays an important role in boosting the chances of success for candidates in the examination. Just as one needs some practice on nets before going into an actual cricket match, candidates who wish to take the NATA test for architecture need to take the mock version of this test to get used to the pattern of questions.
Silica conducts NATA mock test to give students a benchmark to test their understanding of concepts. At the same time, it also helps them assess their preparation before going into the examination.
Taking an examination and doing well in it necessitates other skills in addition to the abilities to study well and sit in the exam hall for three hours. Other than getting used to the pattern of questions, they also need to work out a plan to answer all questions within a limited duration of time.
In line with its objective of grooming students for NATA and shape up their carer, Silica introduces NATA mock test papers to help them identify the areas in which they need to focus more. At Silica our faculty members leave no stone unturned to ensure that all the concepts pertaining to the syllabus for NATA are covered within a given timeframe.
However, at Silica, we also understand the importance of assessing the ability of students to apply those concepts while answering the questions in the examination. For this purpose, we conduct NATA mock test from time to time.
While we have several centres across India, we adopt this approach as a general rule. Apart from classroom teaching, our teaching staff members do not hesitate to go the extra mile in helping students with improving in the areas in which they need to work.
As it has been the case with the NATA test every year, the one in 2020 will also be competitive by nature. Being a top institute for design and architecture courses in India, Silica has the best teachers and study materials for the aspirants who wish to do well in it.
Our increased emphasis on NATA mock test asserts our commitment to helping the students do well in the NATA examination 2020.
How To Give SILICA NATA Mock Test
Please visit our centre or call us at for further assistance on NATA Mock Test. You can visit our contact us page for nearest centre.
How do I prepare for the NATA exam for architecture 2020?
To do well in the NATA exam for architecture, examinees need to focus on multifaceted aspects of the syllabus for the examination. On average, the questions from different sections in the question paper provide the benchmark for the analytical and observational skills of candidates. In addition, it also assesses a candidate’s proficiency in terms of general awareness and visualization skills. You can also attend NATA coaching classes to make sure you are well prepared for the test.
Thus, it calls for an all-round preparation months before the actual date of the examination. Here’s a list of tips to follow if you wish to translate your dream of doing well in the examination into reality.
- Start early: NATA exam for architecture puts a student’s creativity, innovation, and the analytical skills to an acid test. Early preparation is, therefore, necessary to sail through the challenge. Successful students always make a point of doing it months or even years before the actual date of taking the examination.
- Practice: Practising sample papers rigorously is your best bet to overcome stage fright. This habit proves to be beneficial in helping students identify their strengths and weaknesses. It is important to work on the areas in which you need an improveme
- Get into the habit of using light colour pencils: Light colour pencils do not leave traces when you erase the outline. Given the likelihood of you erasing your sketches multiple times before producing the final one, it is imperative that you learn how to use it effectively. The more you do it often the better.
- Be wise in managing your time: You need to do a lot within a limited timeframe to succeed in the NATA examination. To make certain that you are able to accomplish all the tasks without running short of time, you need to manage your time wisely. This practice will help you ensure the optimum utilization of time.
- Say no to social media and distractions: Addiction to television shows and social media is a good way to kill time. But if you are preparing for competitive examinations such as NATA exam, it is a strict no-no. By cutting down the time spent in these activities, you will get more time for your preparation which will improve your chances of cracking the examination.
- Start using A4 sheets: In the NATA exam, the use of only A4 sheets is permissible for sketching with pencil. It is imperative that you learn how to use it effectively while putting your creative ideas on paper. You can do it easily by getting started with using A4 sheets months before the start of the examination.
- Take mock tests as many times as you can: Taking NATA mock test will make it easier for you to get accustomed to the actual pattern of the question paper involving different sections.
What type of questions are asked in NATA?
Going by the pattern questions, a NATA question paper involves questions from three sections: drawing section, aptitude section, and maths section.
The number of questions, marks and the duration for each of these sections are given below in the table.I. The Revised Exam Pattern for NATA 2020 is:
|Section||Question Type||Q. No.||Marks||Time|
|Part B – PCM & General Aptitude||PCM||15Qs||22.5m||15 mins|
|General Aptitude & LR||35Qs||52.5m||30 mins|
|Total||50 Questions||75 marks||45 mins|
|3 minute Interval|
|Part A – Cognitive Test for Drawing & Visual Comp.||PTQ (Variable Marks)||Q.1||17*1 = 17||12*1 = 12 min|
|PTQ (Same Marks)||Q.2-Q.4||16*3 = 48||12*3 = 36 min|
|MCQ||Q.5-Q.10||4*10 = 60||4*6 = 24 min|
|Total||10 Questions||125 marks||72 mins|
II. SILICA Coaching & Study Kit Options:
|SILICA Coaching Modules||ONLINE Study Kit (1500/-)||LIVE Coaching (10000/-)|
|Full Online Study Kit
- 6 Drawing Topics Self Study Kit
- 10 New Mock Tests
- 6 Live Lectures for New Drawing Syllabus
- 6 Live Lectures for Aptitude Syllabus
- 15+ Lectures on Architecture Aptitude
- 20+ Lectures on General Aptitude
- 15+ Videos on PCM
SILICA's Team of Expert Faculty are working hard to create new content. The content will be available as follows:
1. By 31 July'20 - 6 Self Study Topics on Drawing Section
2. By 10 Aug'20 - 1-5 Mock Tests + Live Lectures
3. By 20 Aug'20 - 6-10 Mock Tests + Live Lecture
Where can I get a sample paper of NATA?
There are books with sample papers for NATA. These constitute your best bet to get the sample paper for NATA examination. Other than sample papers, you will also find NATA mock test papers in them to get enough practice before heading towards the examination hall on the day of the exam.
It is recommended that you should go for the right book. Why? You can rely on the sample papers in the books of trusted publishers. Whether you are using them for reference or practice, you can trust the authenticity of the questions in books published by reputed publishers.
Alternatively, you can also rely on the internet for the same. Yes, that’s right. You can download the sample paper directly from Silica’s website. For the convenience of candidates, we have separated the question papers for 2018 and 2017 in two separate columns of a table. Also, we have put the question papers for drawing and Aptitude in two distinct columns.
By downloading or going through these sample question papers, you will be able to plan your strategy to do well in the competitive examination.
Download the sample paper for NATA on the webpage of our website and get started with your preparation.
What should I do to score good marks in NATA 2020?
Due to the diverse nature of the syllabus for NATA examination, students oftentimes find themselves in a state of confusion. The most important thing one needs to remember is to stop giving in to false notions and misconceptions.
Of course, there are some handy tips that you can follow to do well by staying a step ahead.
Here are some handy tips you need to follow:
- You need more than creativity in drawing to do well in your examination: This is the standard rule which each aspirant of NATA needs to bear in mind. If you are creative by nature, you will definitely have a competitive edge over others. But you also need to develop an understanding of three-dimensional elements, memory drawing, scale and proportions, and perspective drawing, and shadow and light effects.
- Be creative, albeit in your own way: The definition of creativity is ambiguous. People go by their own definition of it. In terms of drawing for NATA examination, creativity refers to the skill or the ability to go beyond convention.
- Pick up your speed: No matter how talented you are with a pencil and a piece of paper, your artistic talent will not materialize unless or until you show it on the examination paper. If you miss out on answering questions, it will have a negative impact on your overall score. Keeping this in mind, it is imperative that you get into the habit of answering all questions within a limited duration of time.
- Go through and practice the sample papers of previous years’ NATA exam: The best option for you to do well in the NATA competitive examination is to practice and practice harder. The more you practice the NATA mock test, the better. Practising the sample papers is one of the best ways to boost your sharpness in Maths and drawing.
- Improve your GK: Being proficient in your general knowledge can prove to be a useful attribute for you to do well in the NATA competitive examination. You can attain this feat by reading newspapers and magazines. Avoid learning the content of a GK book by heart. Instead read as many books and magazines as possible to keep yourself up to date.
For best results, consider downloading the sample papers for NATA examination from our website. We have placed the question papers in separate columns based on subjects for your understanding. By practising these papers, you will not only be able to acquaint yourself with the question paper but also improve your speed of answering questions.