The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducted JEE (Main) 2019 - Paper 2 for BArch / BPlan on 8th January 2019 in two slots. Most candidates said that the exam was of moderate difficulty. The Mathematics section of the question paper was the most difficult, the other 2 sections being Drawing and Aptitude. Mathematics section has 30 questions for 120 marks, Aptitude section had 50 questions for 200 marks and Drawing section had 2 questions for 70 marks. The total paper was for 390 marks, as in every year. For each correct answer in Maths and Aptitude section, candidates will get +4 marks and for any question answered incorrectly, one mark will be deducted. SILICA students found the paper fairly easy as they had gone through rigorous training for all 3 sections.
JEE (earlier AIEEE)(B.Arch) Sample Papers & Entrance Exam Pattern
Order Now to crack NATA/JEE(B.Arch)
NATA / JEE - Study Material Kit
8 Books + Free NATA Test Series worth Rs.1000/-
Set of 8 books for comprehensive preparation of Architecture (B.Arch.) Entrance Exams of NATA & JEE. FREE Online Prep & Test Module for Aesthetic Sensitivity & Aptitude Papers along with this set.
Cash on Delivery
NATA / JEE - Test Series
10 Online Mock Tests for Aesthetic Sensitivity + 10 Drawing Mock Tests
Online Module & Mock Tests for preparation of Architecture (B.Arch.) Entrance Exams of NATA & JEE. Includes 1,000+ Questions under 30 Topics for Aesthetic Sensitivity paper in NATA.
Cash on Delivery
JEE (B.Arch) Entrance Exam Pattern:
Part - I
Aptitude = 40 questions x 4 marks = 160 marks
Maths = 40 questions x 4 marks = 160 marks
- Awareness of persons, places, Buildings, Materials.
- Objects, Texture related to Architecture and building environment.
- Visualizing three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings.
- Visualizing different sides of three dimensional objects.
- Analytical Reasoning Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal).
Part - II
Drawing = 2 questions x 35 marks = 70 marks
- Three dimensional - perception: Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, building forms and elements, color texture, harmony and contrast.
- Design and drawing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil.
- Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union, subtraction, rotation, development of surfaces and volumes, Generation of Plan, elevations and 3 D views of objects.
- Creating two dimensional and three dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms.
- Sketching of scenes and activities from memory of urbanscape (public space, market, festivals, street scenes, monuments, recreational spaces etc.), landscape (river fronts, jungles. gardens, trees, plants etc.) and rural life.