NIFT 2024 Admit Card – Important Instructions for Exam Day
NIFT entrance exam is on 5th February 2024. The exam is being conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). NTA has released the Admit Card for NIFT 2024 entrance exam on 2nd February 2024. Many students were anxiously waiting for this admit card, so they know their exam centre address and can plan their travel on exam day.
Make sure you read the full admit card carefully and note down all the important instructions. There are 27 instruction points in the NIFT exam admit card. We have mentioned only very important points below.
Here are 10 important instructions in the Admit Card, which all students must carefully read and follow:
1. Print the Admit Card: The Admit Card consists of 3 pages. Print all 3 pages in color and carry them to the NIFT exam center.
● Page 1: contains centre details and self-declaration undertaking
● Page 2: contains important instructions for candidates
● Page 3: declaration from Non-Aadhaar candidates
2. Reach on time: Candidates should aim to reach the exam centre at least 30 minutes before the reporting time mentioned in the admit card for each shift. No candidate is permitted to enter after the Gate closing time. You are not permitted to leave the examination hall during the test, so make sure you visit the washroom before the exam starts.
3. Verify exam centre & plan travel: Please visit and verify the exam centre one day in advance. Plan your travel properly to avoid any delay or problem inreaching the venue on exam day.
4. Self Declaration: Candidate needs to do the following on the “Self Declaration Undertaking” section on Page 1:
a. Paste a photo (same as application form) before reaching the centre.
b. Affix clear “LEFT THUMB” impression before reaching the centre.
c. Signature will be done in front of the invigilator at the exam centre.
5. Passport Photographs: Carry additional 2 passport size photographs to
paste on the attendance sheet at the exam centre.
6. Valid Original ID Proof: Make sure you carry original and valid ID proof issued by the Government. Only PAN Card / Driving License / Voter ID / Passport / Aadhaar Card (with photograph) are permitted. Any other ID proof will not be accepted, even if attested or shown on a mobile phone screen.
7. What you can to carry to the NIFT exam centre: Printout of Admit Card, Original Valid ID Proof, Personal transparent water bottle, simple transparent BallPoint Pen / Pencils / Erasers / Ruler (all in a transparent pouch) / A4 sized Transparent Acrylic Board / Only Dry colours / Drawing material. It is not clearly stated whether you can carry an Analogue watch for checking time, so better to avoid.
8. What you can’t carry: Electronic devices, mobile phone, digital watch, shoes or footwear with thick soles and garments with large buttons.
9. For PwD candidates: These points are important for PwD candidates to check:
a. Carry the PWD Certificate issued by Competent Authority, if claiming
relaxation under the PwD category.
b. They can bring his/her own scribe or may avail the same from the
National Testing Agency.
c. Candidates may be allowed Compensatory / Extra time of 20 minutes per hour of the examination, whether such candidate uses the facility of Scribe or not (only for candidates with disability of 40% and more).
10. Check your Test: These points relating to your actual test are important:
a. GAT is a computer based test (CBT) and CAT is a paper based test (PBT).
B.Des & M.Des must appear for both GAT & CAT exams to qualify.
b. Candidate must ensure the correct GAT test is assigned to them on the computer screen.
c. Candidate must ensure the correct CAT paper is given to them between BDes and MDes.
d. Blank papers will be provided for rough work, which should be discarded in the drop box when leaving the exam hall.