The NATA 2020 exam dates and pattern have been revised by the Council of Architecture (COA) on 17th July 2020. Here are some important highlights from the notification-
- Exam Dates: The date for 1st attempt of NATA is now 29th August 2020. The 2nd Attempt date is not yet announced.
- New Pattern: NATA has 3 sections- Drawing (125.0m), Aptitude (52.5) & PCM (22.5m). The Aptitude & PCM section was always Online (MCQ type). Now, the Drawing section is also Online. The notification mentions a preferential choice test for Drawing, which we estimate will be a MCQ type test. The revised syllabus for Drawing section is given in the Notice PDF (see link- https://bit.ly/3fGE48Q).
- Exam Center: To ensure health and safety of students due to COVID19 pandemic, the test will now be conducted completely online. The exam center can be either the student’s home or designated Test centers, which will be announced by COA.
- More details: COA will shortly release a revised brochure with instructions on new registration, important dates etc on the 2 websites www.coa.gov.in and www.nata.in.
- What SILICA will do: We will review the changes and create additional content in the LMS and conduct additional classes as required. We will need 1-2 weeks to come up with the additional content. Keep looking at the SILICA Website for updates.
- What students should do: Do not panic! The exam will be based on everything you have studied till now. Only the medium of the Drawing test has changed. For that we will guide you. Immediate next step should be- start studying rigorously for Aptitude & PCM sections from SILICA’s Online LMS (learn.silica.co.in). We estimate many of the questions in the Drawing section to come from the Aptitude section from SILICA LMS.
For any queries, please contact your closest SILICA Center at- https://silica.co.in/contact.html