Acing the entrance or the main examination of design courses is, in every part, an uphill task. One’s exam-readiness plays an important role in overcoming this challenge.
If you are a design course aspirant, then every moment is valuable for you. With systematic and planned effort, you can get to the finishing line with finesse.
In this post, we will go deeper into the NIFT examination and its related aspects.
What is NIFT exam?
NIFT, or the National Institute of Fashion Technology, is a premier national institute for designing programmes with its headquarters in New Delhi. It conducts NIFT exam is to shortlist suitable candidates for admission in its design courses by assessing their skills.
It enables aspirants of designing courses to begin their academic career by choosing their preferred design courses. On average, more than 20,000 candidates take this examination each year.
How to study current affairs for NIFT entrance exam?
Both basic and in-depth knowledge of current affairs are necessary to do well in the NIFT entrance exam. The sure-fire way to do it is to refer to multiple sources. Do it to keep updating your knowledge from time to time.
Try reading newspapers regularly. This will help you keep abreast with the latest events from sports, fashion, and other relevant aspects of the examination. Besides, you can also get useful information about current affairs from the Manorama Yearbook.
Love to surf the internet? Use it to fine-tune your general knowledge. Switch to Google or any search engine to conduct your research. It should not take a lot of effort; just enter your query in the Google search box and hit the search button. Shortly thereafter, you will see the links to several websites with useful information on the screen of your device.
Make a point of visiting different news websites if you are not able to read a newspaper daily.
Even if you have just begun your journey, do not lose your heart. Just as Rome was not built in a day, you are likely to take time in building your knowledge of current affairs. You will eventually get there if you keep refreshing your knowledge daily by following the aforementioned suggestions.
Not sure when and how to get started? There is no hard-and-fast rule about it. But for best results, you must begin your general knowledge research at least nine months before taking the exam.
What preparation is required for the entrance test at NIFT?
For a stellar performance in the NIFT entrance test, a candidate needs proficiency in academic as well business domain segment subjects.
The GAT paper involves the following subjects:
- English Language and Comprehensions
In the business domain segment, you will get questions from the following subjects:
- Fashion & Industry Awareness
- Current Affairs
- General Knowledge
Invest in some good books and try to get valuable assistance from classroom contact programmes to ace the questions from academic subjects. Also, do the same to answer the challenging questions from the business domain segment.
Individual books are better than all in one book. Bear this in mind while buying your NIFT entrance examination preparation material days before the exam.
When preparing for the examination, do not overlook the importance of answering all questions within the allotted duration. Work on your speed of answering the questions as it can make a big difference in your results of the competitive examination.
What are the best books to prepare for NIFT entrance exam?
The market, in general, is flooded with study materials for cracking the NIFT competitive examination. However, all of them are not equally good. While some of them cover all topics, the presentation of information in them may not be as per your liking.
To secure good marks in the examination, you need a book that covers all topics in a simple and lucid language. NIFT Self Study material by Silica addresses this need for all aspirants.
This study material will prepare you for the test without a significant investment of time. Its topic-wise in-depth coverage and worksheets on all subjects will make your exam-ready with all the ins and outs of the answers to questions at your fingertips.
How to get prepared for NIFT entrance exam?
Your NIFT entrance exam result will depend on how you prepare for the examination. Follow these tips to ace the exam in your desired manner.
- Practise regularly to perfect your sketching skills.
- Work on your speed to get accustomed to answering all questions within the stipulated timeframe.
- Familiarize yourself with different types of questions by practising sample papers. Practise as many as you can.
- Elevate the level of general awareness in your mind. Rather than going through every book available in the market, try to keep yourself up-to-date with all the latest events. You can do this by reading newspapers or visiting news websites.
How can a Class XI student prepare for NIFT?
The NIFT self-study material prepared by Silica will help you crack the competitive NIFT examination even if you are a student of Class XI. Apart from an in-depth coverage of topics in each subject, it also consists of the expected in the examination.
Fine-tune your knowledge and practise the questions regularly to crack the competitive NIFT examination.
Is drawing necessary to qualify for the NIFT?
Yes, drawing or sketching is one of the important skills for cracking the competitive entrance examination. If you can crack the examination, it will open the doorway for you take admission in one of the NIFT courses
Are there any tips to clear the NIFT 2020 exam?
While there is no shortcut to succeed in the NIFT 2020 examination, you can simplify matters for yourself by using one of the following tips:
- Try your best to upgrade your visualization and observation skills. It will be an acid test of your imaginative and creative skills. Early preparation will help y ou win half the battle.
- Pick up your speed of answering the questions within the allotted duration. Without this ability, you will not be able to perform as per your expectation. By perfecting this skill, you will be able to answer all the questions within the allotted timeframe.
- Solve as many sample question papers of the previous years as you can. The more you do this, the better.
- Make a point of refreshing your general awareness from time to time. You can either read the pages of newspapers regularly or check different news sites on the internet.
- Refer to a good study material to know the ins and outs of your syllabus and have the information about the requisite subject matter at your fingertips.
Regardless of your designing course, the aforementioned tips will help you sail through the challenge of taking the NIFT examination in flying colours.
Whether you are preparing for NIFT 2020 entrance examination or the main exam of one of its design courses, a systematic preparation is of paramount. It can either make or break the deal for you in the examination. Follow the aforementioned tips to boost your chances of success.
Also Read: NIFT Campus Comparison